Hi, I am 26 years old and have a 20 month old son. I have just been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome and just wondered if there are any other ladies here who have this?

My doctor wasn't hugely helpful and just told me the only treatment was the combined pill which I can't take because I get migraines Rolling Eyes

have any of you had difficulty conceiving because of pcos? I'm not ttc at the moment but would like to in the next 12 months or so and want to get an idea of what i'm in for! Sad

many thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2006
Experienced User
The pill does help to treat the symptoms but if you are planning on ttc soon, you may want to try taking metformin. Did she do any bloodwork and what were your results. I am new to the whole pcos thing too. I was just diagnosed in sep.
|

replied November 11th, 2006
I have pcos the doc put me on estrogen and progesterone to help me out .I didn't have a period for like 6 months .They told me it depends on the severity of pcos. Like on a scale of 1 through 10 . I now ovulate and get a period regularly with out any medication.I cant take any birth control it makes me really sick.
|

replied July 29th, 2009
Help
Hi i have all the symptoms of pcos and my doctor has told me he thinks that is what i have.I am really worried as i am really looking forward to motherhood and am scared that chance will now be taken away from me.Has anyone ever had a multiple birth well they have been taking medication and if so did everything go ok for you.Please help i need as much advice as possible.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2012
i have pcos i am trying to conceive i only found out last month that i have it so im just learning but my doctor has put me on clomid and metformin for it i do not have cysts but i do have irregular periods and my blood test came out that some of my hormones are to high i havent had luck with getting pregnant yet but the doctor says it could take some time i am doing all the research i can on it if you need any specific questions answered you can inbox me and i will do my best to answer you
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....