User Profile
Right so here goes ...Warning this could get confusing lol!!

As you probably know I am on clomid and metformin for pcos. It is now cd17 of my first month of these drugs.
I have been doing my basal temp every morning and I am still averaging at 36.2c / 97.2f so I take it I havent ovulated this month Sad if you are on these or have ever been on these drugs how long did it take you to start ovulating?
Grrrr I am getting worried now because I dont have another appt with my gynae till january and what happens if I dont get a/f his month, I wont know when to start next course of clomid!!

I was soo positive about all this before but now I am on 3 tablets a day and thats just the metformin (it goes up to 4 nxt week) and I dont even think its working and I am already beginning to think whats the bloody point!

Also I am incredibly tired! I get up at like 7am and by 4pm I am wiped out! I have been going to bed at about 8pm and still stuggling to get up. Has anybody had these sideaffects with the meds?
I know metformin can affect your iron and I was aneamic before so maybe I should get to the doctors to have my blood checked!

If your still with me thanks for listening to me rant! And sorry its sooo long! Lol Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I think the met needs some time to work. For most people, it takes a while for it to start working. This is my first full cycle on met and I didn't o until cd 35. I know it is frustrating and hard but just keep at it. It will happen for you eventually.
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thankyou abbysmom! I can always count on you to make me feel more positive!! Smile
wow! I am complaining about it being cd18 and nothing happening you must have been wondering if it was ever going to happen! Have you worked out a day to test yet?

Well my temp was 36.6c this morning so its risen alittle bit. Which could be a good sign. I was wondering though when you ovulate how long does your temp stay up for? Does it go straight back down after ovulation or does it not go back down till a/f? I have tried to look it up on some sites but I just end up distracted and confused lol! Confused
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Your temp should stay up until af is on its way. I won't be testing. Af showed this morning. I hope this months cycle is shorter than last. I can't remember if you chart on fertility friend or not. If you do, post a link to your chart so I can keep watch.
|

replied November 10th, 2006
Experienced User
I am on clomid and estrogen and I take clomid on cd 5-9 and then " usually" should ovulate the the next week exactly to my last pill so if I stopped on a fri that next fri should ovulate. My doc makes me get blood work done at a certain time to see if I did ovulate and how well it was and then he usually pin points the day for me. My only side effects are I have never felt o before and now its almost painful sometimes. Hope this helps!
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thamks for the help!

Abbysmom, sorry to hear about a/f, but on the positive hopefully your cycles will start being more regular now! I did have an chart on fetility friend but stopped going on there when my cycles stopped, I am going to go back on there and register again now (hopefully) that somethings finally getting sorted!

I want to be a mommy, its such a pain because my gynae doesnt want to see me now untill january and I am having no bloods done at all, so I dont really know whats going on!! I have been having the odd stomach pains that I didnt have before tho! So maybe thats a good sign

well as from this month we have been ttc for a year, at the beginning I really thoughi would have cracked it by now! Lol my temp has gone back down to 36.1 so I dont think I have 'o' yet and its now cd23. Might sound strange but I just want to get a/f out of the way so my first course of the meds is done and I know its doing something!
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Abbysmom - I have just registered and set up new account with fertilityfriend, got abit more work to do on there as yet but i'll leave the link let me know what you think! I think its made me even more confused!!

|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....