Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Sorry But I Need to Ask! (tmi)

User Profile
When you lose your mucus plug gradually, is it kinda stringy? While being pregnant i've had so much discharge anyway, but recently it's become a lot stringier and I dunno, it just seems different. I'm 36 weeks, and I know that it's not necessarily a sign that my baby is on its way if it is my mucus plug.. I'm just curious. It's nice to know that things are getting ready though, I got really excited when my midwife told me the head was engaged! Hehe
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I only lost my plug when I was in the hospital, so I didn't lose my gradually. But mine was tough chunks of mucus, it definitely wasn't liquid-form.

God, that's disgusting. Sorry. Neutral
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I a 37 weeks and my discharge is stingier. My doctor said the mucus plug is more of a solid chunk rather than a liquidy discharge. He said i'd be sure of it when I do lose it b/c it won't be like any discharge i've had.
|

User Profile
Supporter
My mucus plug was kinda chuncky, and bloody looking... My doctor discribes the look of a mucus plug as "banana slug" looking
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...