Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Broken Relationship, Abortion Depression

I recently got pregnant to my boyfriend by accident, at the appointment to organise termination they said I was pregnant with twins.

Even thought I knew abortion was the best thing to do for our current circumstance I still had a maternal feeling to protect my babies. My boyfriend was very supportive, talking about how it was not the right time for us, etc

i had the abortion in the end, straight away my boyfriend became distant, now a week later he has broken up with me.

I had the abortion for him and our relationship but now I see that he was just lying to me in order to make me have the abortion so I have lost my babies and him.

I am feeling very sad, I dont know if I am sad over the abortion because I lost him aswell or what. When I think logically it was the best thing to do, but emotionally I am feeling very alone and unstable.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I can't say much or offer too many kind words because .I don't agree with abortion at all. I'm 30 wks pregnant with a little girl and theres .N.O.O.N.E who could've talked me into an abortion. (also .I'm only 17 years old & very "off and on" with my 24 year old boyfriend). Anyway, pretty much all .I can say is don't let anyone talk you into anything you don't want to do or aren't comfortable with. I'm sorry for your losses, but you could've handled the situation differently. If you aren't ready for children, please get on some form of birth control.
|

replied November 10th, 2006
I don't think it anyone's business what you decided on in terms of your pregnancy...And i'm sure me being a guy people are thinking what the hell do I know and they'd be right....But the same goes for them. You made a choice that you thought was best for you...Whether it was for him or for yourself... You could have had the twins and this guy still would have left... And while there are a lot of single parents out there or people in unstable relationships it's not necessarily going to best for their children.

Bottom line is what's done is done. You learned who this guy was and hopefully you realize what kind of relationship you want now ...For yourself and for your kids. Don't let anyone make you feel that what you decided was wrong or defines who you are as a mother. A child needs a stable life and from what I read you knew you couldn't give that to them at the time.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Please ask for support following abortion in the abortion forum - thanks
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....