Those of you who know me know that I have been ttc for 11 months now. I have one questin: after sex we know to lie down for awhile so it dont run out. Yes I know that there is some in there but why is it not sure if this happens to anyone else but later like two hours or so i'll be walking or something and then feel like I am peeing my pants and go to the bathroom and the sperm has just run out and alot!!Kinda of like alot of mucus but pretty sure its not. Does this happen to any one else and why does it happen.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2006
Community Volunteer
It is common.
The sperm don't need the semen once they are inside you.
Thefore you end up with the seminal fluids running back out - thank gravity Wink

but yes the sperm will mostly be in your fertile mucus swimming their way up the fallopian tubes. They swim at about 3-7 inches per hour depending on the quality of the sperm.
|

replied November 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Keep Strong! ^,^
I know this was about a compeletly different thing...But I just wanted to try and make you feel supported! I'm sorry for all those who have been trying and are ready in everyway to have a child and have not had any luck! I hope god answers your prayers! Keep trying k!
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
This is normal. Sometimes I would fall asleep after sex and wake up the next morning and still have some run out. I ended up putting a panty liner on afterwards so there wasn't a mess.
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Yup
I have the same thing - totally grosses me out when it does come out, cause sometimes it seems to be running down my leg... Ewww!

Pantie liners are the best answer for that - they're awesome at keeping you (and your legs Smile ) clean. Even though the feeling of having a wet pantie liner is kinda gross as well, its just a lot better then feelin it drippin down your leg.

Have fun concieving - and lots of baby dust 2 u!

Good luck!
|

replied November 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks guys!!!!Fingers crossed for me I wil be testing on tuesday!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....