Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Do I Really Need to Buy Ovul. Tests?????

I bought ovulation tests last month and had sex on the days I was suppose to and I didnt get pregnant, the tests are kind of expensive and I was wondering if I can just do it natrually, like do u think I should have sex everyother day or every three days? Jw if anyone has any advice thanks a bunch!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Community Volunteer
How long is your cycle?

Based on a typical 28 day cycle where you are likely to ovulate around day 14 then having sex every other day from day 9 (day 1 is the first day of bleeding) until at least day 16 is the best course of action.

Every other day is recommended because sperm are made on demand and take around 36 hours to mature, while immature sperm can get you pregnant, if you are ttc you want the best chances right Wink

on average a healthy couple usually conceive within 12 months.

There are many reasons for you not conceiving right away - you have to have the right combination of egg and sperm, the right conditions for implanting, etc.
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
What I did was used an online ovulation calendar. Like this one:

Babyhopes.Com/ovulation-calendar/

and make sure to have lots of sex during the "fertile" days that it gives you.
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I had sex every other day starting from cycle day 1 till af showed or I got a positive pregnancy test. This worked for me twice but I can't guarantee anything because everyone is different. Opk's only confused me and got too expensive.
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I don't really like opk's. I just used them and I think I missed my surge, you have to test like twice a day or you can miss it, and they are fairly expensive! But I know I ovulated, my dr said so and I had a temp shift.
Have you tried bbt charting? It can be a bit of a pain but it sure does help!
Good luck to you!
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Experienced User
You don't have to buy them, if your cycles are regular each month......Then so is your ovulation schedule. I believe they are more for the woman who can't read her own body or has irregular cycles.

|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I was thinking about buying them just for couple of months, so I could hopefully work out a pattern for my cycles (they have been very irregular) why are they confusing to use? Did anyone find them helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2006
So When Do I Get It On ?????
Thanks everyone for helping me! I kinda got another question now please......

This is what one website said........
11/14/06 - first day of your cycle
11/26/06 - a little bit fertile
11/27/06 - fertile
11/28/06 - very fertile
11/29/06 - time to ovulate

another website told me that my high fertility day is
11-25-06

what days do I have sex???????? I just dont get it all, lol any advice would be great, thanks Smile
|

replied November 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
In general, I have read that you should start ttc on cd10 (cd 1 being your first day of your af! - but this is based on a 28 day cycle!!!) and continue through to cd16.
Adjust these days according to how long your cycles are.
Try logging onto babymed.Com, you can click on "fertility calender", plug in your dayes and how long your cycle is, and a whole calender pops up just for you, telling you when your best days to conceive are, when your af should arrive and when you can start to take a hpt!!!! I have found this site very useful!
About 10-11 days after you start your period, you can also just ttc every 2nd day - this way you may as well have "fun" at it, and increase your chances of becoming pregnant!
Good luck - I hope this info will help you Smile
baby dust your way!
|

replied November 30th, 2006
clarkham427 wrote:
i had sex every other day starting from cycle day 1 till af showed or I got a positive pregnancy test. This worked for me twice but I can't guarantee anything because everyone is different. Opk's only confused me and got too expensive.

i am trying this technique this month, iv used ovalation sticks, calenders that track ur periods and work out ur fertile days and I havent got pregnant yet... And thats over a year now iv been trying and 3 years ago I was trying for 2 years and nothing.

From day 1 of this cycle every other day we have been trying, rather than having lots of sex during when am ovalating like previously said every 2nd day is better because of the maturity of the sperm.
|
Tags: pregnant, sex
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....