Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Organic Brain Disorder Secondary to Systemic Lupus

I have been seaching the boards for the above topic or a posting. It is very difficult to search for topics as postings are made under topics but often the true subjects are all over the place. In addition, the subject is not usually a "subject" but rather a request or some other non subject statement.

I have severe organic brain disorder which has been evaluated through neuropsychiatric testing. The results were very frightening but since my insurance was cancelled effective 3 days after I was given the test results, I do not know anything about the prognosis, what to expect, what to tell people, the legal ramifications, nothing.

I don't even know whether the brain damage could be due to something other than lupus. I will have medicare next july but until then??????? I am scared to death and I have a 9 year old daughter. What do I do? I live in south florida and they are not so charitable here.

It took over an hour to draft the message, everything takes a very long time. I was diagnosed with lupus 15 years ago and have never had a remission. How quickly will this disorder progress? I am very educated but can hardly deal with every day paperwork and forget 4th grade homework Exclamation I make tons of mistakes such as paying the wrong bill, paying an incorrect amount, etc. If I go out of the house I frequently get lost. Not lost in front of my house, but if I drive into town.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi
I hope you feel better? Try to think positive.K?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....