I must first say- I love this site, whoever thought of it is great!!

I have slowly sheltered myself. It's hard to explain- but I will do my best. I used to have it all- I was a competitive figure skater and was good at it. In fact, that was all that I devoted my time to- because I didn't have anything else. At school, I was picked on- so I stopped talking to people there. I focused everything into my sport/hobby.

It's been three years since I quit. I took it better than I thought- also when I left the sport, I left behind my friends as well. I also worked with them- and once I quit my job there too- they stopped talking to me.

I've had a couple of dates, and one real serious relationship since then. No girl friends though. To think about it, I really only have one friend, and she lives many states away. I want to meet new people and enjoy my life, and do things that I haven't done- that I now have the time for. I have also been in two abusive relationships, that I finally broke free of. Where would I start meeting people? I am not good at this.. And pushed people away for the longest time.. That I don't know where to start. My father said college would be a great place to meet new people... However, there's going to be some time go by before I can afford to go there as of yet. I'm 26. This shouldn't be so difficult!! Any suggestions- I love truely appericate them!

Thanks!

-red-
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Hello- anyone out there?? 10 people viewed..??? Some input?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
How about signing up with at the gym or maybe going skating every now and then and possibly teaching some kids that want to learn, 1st volunteer and have some fun and see if that is what you might want to do.
Maybe someone else might have some better ideas.
Good luck!
|

replied November 6th, 2006
I feel the same way. Being kept in a box all my life, I don't know anything else beyond that. Interests would be a good one. For example.

Languages,sports, or something.

I am into fencing and languages. So, I am hoping once I get into fencing again I can meet some folks. Good luck to you, girl.
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Sheltered
missdepressed wrote:

i've had a couple of dates, and one real serious relationship since then. No girl friends though. To think about it, I really only have one friend, and she lives many states away.
-red-

hey girlie! I hope you were talking about me! Lol you haven't called me or anything for a good while and i'm worried that there is something wrong. I wanna know how everything went girl,call me please!!!!!
|