Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Trying to Get Smarter (plz Ansr)

User Profile
So I know that i've posted a lot of things on here that should basically answer my question, but I just wanted to put it all into one thing here, and hope someone can tell me if I could be prego already or not.

So here's the story:
my cycles are exactly 30 days apart every month on time!

So...

* possibly went in me accidently on the 1st of october

* ttc on purpose on the 2nd of october

* ttc on purpose on the 3rd of october

* took a prego test (ept) on october 4th (yeah, call me crazy and impatient!)

* took a prego test (ept) on october 10th = big fat negative

* took a prego test (ept) on october 15th = big fat negative

* from october 13th thru october 15th had nasea / bloating / headache / breast tenderness

* october 16th - had a light pink mucus (and had sex right before I saw that)

* october 17th - very light blood in the morning, and after massage, got a little bit heavier that lasted until october 19th (so 3 days).

* from october 20th-26th I was spotting brown tiny little spots here and there

* made love on the 26th of october (didn't ttc)

* october 27th - I felt bloated / moody (really bad) / stressed out (from working 12 hours) / dizzy / chest pains / and what I thought was ovulatory pain

* october 28th-30th - cramps / moody / nausea / headache / dizzy

* made love on the 30th (didn't ttyc)

* october 31st ttc this time - (went to my obgyn 4 a blood test, which she refused saying that it won't show anything, and to come back in november if I don't get my af by thanksgiving)

* november 1st - headache / bloated / cramps (ttc)

* november 2nd - totally normal (ttc again today)

... So what are my chances of getting pregnant from ttc on october 1st-3rd? Slim, I bet, since I got my period 2 weeks after that.

Please reply ... What are you thoughts on this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
If you got your period after you ttc last month - you're not pregnant. But .. If it wasn't a normal period (very light , abnormal to your others) then you very well may be. It is november, so your obgyn will test you again!

And why don't you go at it more if your ttc! Not just 3 days out of your cycle! Unless your 100% positive that you ovulate within those days.

And it made me laugh how you took a pregnancy test a few days after you ttc! Lol, you are impatient!

Baby dust your way
|

User Profile
Experienced User
greeneyes33 wrote:
if you got your period after you ttc last month - you're not pregnant. But .. If it wasn't a normal period (very light , abnormal to your others) then you very well may be. It is november, so your obgyn will test you again!

And why don't you go at it more if your ttc! Not just 3 days out of your cycle! Unless your 100% positive that you ovulate within those days.

And it made me laugh how you took a pregnancy test a few days after you ttc! Lol, you are impatient!

Baby dust your way

we didn't ttc so much because I knew that I ovulated during the days that we did ttc. I ovulate during the same time period every month- but my hubby was also undecisive about conceiving until now - he really wants one (he also says it feels good to go bare-back and unload freely), so every time we "do it" we'll ttc... No matter if it's my ovu time or not.
I mean, come one, this is the second time we've ttc... So i'm still learning all the ways to give me more chances - bare with me! Smile

thanks for the baby dust - I love getting them!

P.S. I did get an abnormal period. Usually it's heavy from day 1 up until day 5 & then dies down slowly and then ends on day 8. Now, well you read it - it just wasn't the same! Hmmm... Confused
Am I or am I not? Well c if we have some good news on thanksgiving. It will be a perfect time to "thank" god for the little gift! Cool
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Re: Trying to Get Smarter (plz Ansr)
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
hope someone can tell me if I could be prego already or not.

no, no and err no.
No matter how much info you post we can not in any way ever tell you if you are pregnant.
You have to take a test it is the only way to know for sure.

We are not doctors and we have never seen you.

If you have had unprotected sex then yes you are at risk of pregnancy but we simply can not tell you any more than that, no matter how many times you ask.

Have a read of "read this first" in the pregnancy forum.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Hi there - maybe I can help give you just a bit of info, so you don't drive yourself crazy!!!!!!!!!
And start this after you get your next af (if it comes!!).
The day you start af, it is cycle day 1. Around cycle day 12 is when you should start ttc, through to the day after you ovulate (so if you ovulate on cycle day 17 for example, then try the day after as well, just in case you ovualted a day late!) for a 30 day cycle which you said you are every month, you would ovualte on cycle day 17!!!!!
Then, the earliest you should take a pregnancy test is no more than 3-4 days before your period would normally come, depending on how sensitive the test is to the hcg hormone. If it comes out negative, and still no af comes after being late by about 2 days, then take another test.
For some women, the hcg (preganacy hormone) does not show up for a while for some reason!!!!
If you do conceive at some point, the egg still takes about 6 days on average to "implant" itself to your uterus.(for you, this would be approx. Cycle day 23) at this point, you may then see some "implantation bleeding" which is usually brown to light pink, and usually only lasts for a day. Some women do not get implantation bleeding.
You can buy a basal thermometer for about $7.00 at a drug store, and you can chart your daily basal temperature. You temp will drop on the day you ovulate and again when your af comes. If you uvulated, you will see a temperature increase about 2 days after ovulation. If this temp stays elevated for more than 21 days, it is a good indication that you may be pregnant!!!!
The biggest thing to remember is that every woman is different and will experience different things!
Don't read too much into your body symptoms at this point, b/c thinking about it too much can actually cause your body stress and it will play games with you!!!!!!!!!!!
Relax and enjoy the experience of ttc with your husband, and soon enough it will happen! Some woman are lucky and it happens right away for them, for others, it can take years.
I am on month 5 of trying, was on the pill for 12 years straight and just went in for blood work to make sure all hormone levels are ok, b/c so far, I have only had 2 periods in 5 mths!!!!! Also going for an ultrasound to check for pcos next week.
Since you are regular with a 30 day cycle, you are lucky!!!! Don't think about it too much (i know this is easier said than done, but for women that stressed over it for so long and didn't conceive, it finally happened for them when they stopped thinking about it so much!!!)
i hope this info will help you and clarify things a bit more!!!
Lots and lots of baby dust to you, and just take it all in stride!!!!!
|

Yikes - sorry for all of the spelling mistakes! Guess I should have clicked "yes" for spell check! Lol!
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Experienced User
jaemierin wrote:
yikes - sorry for all of the spelling mistakes! Guess I should have clicked "yes" for spell check! Lol!

no worries, didn't even catch them as I was reading your info, which I am very thankful for. At least someone on here is nice enough to say something "nice"

thanks a lot!

:d
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Experienced User
kia_breizzze wrote:
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
hope someone can tell me if I could be prego already or not.

no, no and err no.
No matter how much info you post we can not in any way ever tell you if you are pregnant.
You have to take a test it is the only way to know for sure.
We are not doctors and we have never seen you.
If you have had unprotected sex then yes you are at risk of pregnancy but we simply can not tell you any more than that, no matter how many times you ask.
Have a read of "the info post" in the pregnancy forum.

Evil or Very Mad
what the *uck is your problem lady. Are your hormones raging so high up that you can't simply just say, "sorry but I can't help you there!"?
I mean come on! You're acting like all the people that post their questions here are age 14 and wanna get pregnant, and don't know *hit about it. Well, i'm not 14 (i might even be older than you, at least I act like it)... I'm just very new to trying to conceive, and need all the help I can get from people that either went through it or are in the same boat as I am!
So stop accusing me, and be nicer to others next time!

I'm done with this chat-room. Might as well just buy a freakin book and read it. At least I won't have anyone chewing on my neck! Twisted Evil

f.Y.I. - for all the people that were nice enough to let me know whats up - a big thank you! And hope everything will go your way! Cool

lata!
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Look - it isn't my fault you posted the same questions over and over again - the answer doesn't change - simple as.

We can not tell you when you ovulate, or if you are pregnant.

Sorry for not being psychic Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
jaemierin wrote:
the day you start af, it is cycle day 1. Around cycle day 12 is when you should start ttc, through to the day after you ovulate (so if you ovulate on cycle day 17 for example, then try the day after as well, just in case you ovualted a day late!) for a 30 day cycle which you said you are every month, you would ovualte on cycle day 17!!!!!

almost right Wink
* you should start ttc 5 days before your expected ovulation date.
* on average women ovulate 14 days before their period begins.
* 30 day cycle - ovulation date would on average expect to be day 16.
* you should continue ttc until 2 days after, allowing for late ovulation and the fact that an egg is viable for upto 36 hours.
A typical 30 day cycle is covered in the stickies in both pregnancy forums

Quote:
then, the earliest you should take a pregnancy test is no more than 3-4 days before your period would normally come, depending on how sensitive the test is to the hcg hormone.

yes, first response is accurate as much as 4 days before you are due (ie 10 days after ovulation) which is when implantation usually occurs.

Quote:
if you do conceive at some point, the egg still takes about 6 days on average to "implant" itself to your uterus.(for you, this would be approx. Cycle day 23) at this point, you may then see some "implantation bleeding" which is usually brown to light pink, and usually only lasts for a day. Some women do not get implantation bleeding.

can be as little as 4 or as much as 12 but usually between 6 and 10 is typical (days 22 to 26)

Quote:
the biggest thing to remember is that every woman is different and will experience different things!

amen to that

all of this is answered in the stickies - the information is there for you - ready, no waiting nothing.

So there really is no need to be upset, when your questions have already been answered.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
kia_breizzze wrote:
have a read of "read this first" in the pregnancy forum.

see I did actually give you answer the very first time - you seem to have just chosen to not read it.
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2006
Experienced User
kia_breizzze wrote:
kia_breizzze wrote:
have a read of "read this first" in the pregnancy forum.

see I did actually give you answer the very first time - you seem to have just chosen to not read it.

well, I did read it, and thanks for the info. It's just that sometimes it's better when people hear "your" story and tell you what they think. That's the point of this forum isn't it? So please do me a favor and *not* answer my questions and let others take over from here. I rather hear the answer from other people that are a bit nicer.
But just to clarify things here ... I read the info on most websites and I thought that the male produces an average of 20 million sperms a day, not 250-500.

kia_breizzze wrote:
"each time a guy ejaculates, it can contain 250 - 500 million sperm."
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2006
Community Volunteer
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
i read the info on most websites and I thought that the male produces an average of 20 million sperms a day, not 250-500.
kia_breizzze wrote:
"each time a guy ejaculates, it can contain 250 - 500 million sperm."

first of all if you don't like fact, then i'm sorry but no-one can help you.

The stickies are there so that people like you can find answers easily.
If you asked for peoples experience on a topic that is different to asking if they think you are pregnant. Kwim???

No-one here can say if you are or not.

Second, i'll post where I like thanks and not be told by a newbie what I can and can not do.

expertexchange wrote:
the "minimum" for purposes of fertility testing is over 20 million per millilter.
"normal" sperm counts are in the range of 80-100 million per milliliter. The average ejaculate is approximately 2-3 millileters, so "at one time," an average man has 160-300 million sperm. (the range of "normal volume" for ejaculation is 1.5 ml to 5.0 ml, so the range could be anywhere from 120 million to 500 million.)
- that's a low of 120 - 400 million and a high of 150 - 500 million.
webmd.Com wrote:
volume: the normal amount of ejaculate is two to five milliliters (that is, one-half to a full teaspoonful)
sperm concentration: the average sperm count for fertile men is anywhere between 40 and 120 million per milliliter. The world health organization (who) defines a normal sperm concentration as 20 million/ml or more.
- that's a low of 80 - 200 million and a high of 240 - 600 million.

Two examples - yes, depending on where you go it will be read differently but it is not 20 million per day. Mine is combined from many medical research sites and is a good average.

Kthanks mhm
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
so I know that i've posted a lot of things on here that should basically answer my question, but I just wanted to put it all into one thing here, and hope someone can tell me if I could be prego already or not

this is what I am talking about - we simply can not say on this.

You didn't ask for other people's experience you specifically asked if we think you are pregnant.
The stickies tell you when a typical cycle will be most fertile, and much much more besides.

If you want other peoples personal experience then ask for that instead.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
kia_breizzze wrote:
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
so I know that i've posted a lot of things on here that should basically answer my question, but I just wanted to put it all into one thing here, and hope someone can tell me if I could be prego already or not

this is what I am talking about - we simply can not say on this.

You didn't ask for other people's experience you specifically asked if we think you are pregnant.

The stickies tell you when a typical cycle will be most fertile, and much much more besides.

If you want other peoples personal experience then ask for that instead.

newbie or not - I don't want to hear from you a.N.Y.M.O.R.E. - period !!!! Yes - I did ask for people's "opinions" & no - I didn't ask if they can go up my vagina and tell me if i'm pregnant or not! So next time, read between the lines, and don't give me or anyone else *hit on here, just because you c.A.N.'t understand what they're asking!

Me and you - are done on this forum! Goodbye!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
mamma-wanna-be wrote:
me and you - are done on this forum! Goodbye!

guess i'll see ya around then Laughing
|

Ok ladies - how about we all be friendly here and just be happy that we all want the same thing.......To have a little one growing in our tummy!!!!!
Mamma - ask as many questions as you'd like. There are alot of us willing to listen and to help and offer you our advice and our own personal experiences. Although hard to read, I know that "kia" is just trying to help you with as much info as you can get. She definatley sounds like (and has posted with good info!) she knows what she's talkin' about!!!
But, remember that this is all supposed to be a fun and memorable experience, so as I said before (and i'm also trying to take my own advice! Lol!) relax, stay healthy, have fun and just keep on "trying" when you know the timing is right! I know, sometimes harder said than done, but it will eventually happen for all of us!
I wish you all the best of luck and do keep us posted on how things are going for you! You are more than welcome to post me questions, and I will try my best to answer them for you....But i'm no expert, so we'll learn together!
Baby dust to you girl!!!
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2006
Community Volunteer
jaemierin wrote:
there are alot of us willing to listen and to help and offer you our advice and our own personal experiences.

exactly.

Just as I said if you ask for personal experiences - you will get a lot more interest.
Asking specifically if we think you are pregnant is a no brainer, we simply have no way to tell.

I've given you as much info as you will find on when you were/are most likely to be fertile.
When pregnancy test will be likely to be accurate.

The thing no-one but your doc can answer is your question "am I pregnant?".

I said go ahead and ask people how they felt when they found out, what their early symptoms were, stuff like that - because everyone will have different answers on that.

But for now the ultimate advice you can take is to test if you genuinely think you may be pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2006
Experienced User
kia_breizzze wrote:
jaemierin wrote:
there are alot of us willing to listen and to help and offer you our advice and our own personal experiences.

exactly.
Just as I said if you ask for personal experiences - you will get a lot more interest.
Asking specifically if we think you are pregnant is a no brainer, we simply have no way to tell.
I've given you as much info as you will find on when you were/are most likely to be fertile.
When pregnancy test will be likely to be accurate.
The thing no-one but your doc can answer is your question "am I pregnant?".
I said go ahead and ask people how they felt when they found out, what their early symptoms were, stuff like that - because everyone will have different answers on that.
But for now the ultimate advice you can take is to test if you genuinely think you may be pregnant.

man, finally a great answer! C? Now i'm alright with you. Just as long as you're not "yelling" at me and telling me not to post "am I pregnant" i'm sorry that I said it the way I did, but since I have no other way to express what i'm trying to ask or say, that's just he way it came out! I wasn't born out here and I learn english as I go along living my life, so I just consider this my lesson. So thank you! You just made me smarter!

C-u around then! Chao!

Hey are you trying as well, or are you a mommy already? Just wondering.
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2006
Community Volunteer
No, i'm not curently pregnant.

I have complications which may affect my chances of pregnancy, but we don't know for sure how much they may affect it.

Glad we're both on the same track now Wink

ps I also answered your question on ovulex and pre-natals. Wink
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....