Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

I Hate Waiting (part 3) (Page 1)

***moderator note***
continued from here
http://ehealthforum.Com/health/viewtopic.p hp?p=469183#469183

foxy I am so sorry! That is awful but dont lose faith and keep your head up! Life is weird sometimes and puts us through these weird obstacles but someway and somehow we find a way out! My deepest thoughts are with you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks guys......

I don't think I will be on as frequent, i'm going to take a break from the forum until I get my head together.

Good luck everyone, hoepfully by next year this time everyone in this post will have their beautiful bundles of joy!

Later

kacey
|

replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I am so sorry to hear the news foxy. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I found out that I do not have leukemia...Instead I have a condition that mimics the signs of blood cancer. With antibiotics and regular testing, the baby and I should be fine. It's a huge relief!

I found out I am having a baby girl! Too excited! Her name will most likely be kylie marie. Daddy was a little disapointed at first, but now he is all gooshy over the idea!

I also have placenta previa, so I am on 100% pelvic rest (no o's for me, nor can I vaccum or do any house work). I will take this with a smile considering a week ago, we were planning what we would do if I had to start chemo. We are very happy with the position we are in now. I have another sonogram in 8 weeks...To see if my placenta moves up...We shall see.

Best wishes to everyone.
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Foxy - I hope you're doing alright. You're in my prayers!

Not - yay for team pink! Congrats on your baby girl! I'm so glad you are ok! I hope that placenta moves and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any other problems!

Well, today i'm 9 weeks along. Still having morning sickness like crazy and still tired as ever. I've been gaining weight fast and look like i'm carrying twins! I have quite the baby bump for only being 9 weeks and it's getting to the point I need to get bigger clothes. I'm trying to enjoy every second of this pregnancy though whether i'm sick or not.
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am so happy for you notpatient! That is awesome news and it is great that you are having a little girl. I woudl loveto have a girl first.

Foxy you are in my prayers. I really feel for you.

Talk later
|

replied November 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Well well well how did I ever get so lucky.......To have everyting wrong! Dh did a sperm analysis and we just got the results today he has a low sperm count and only 48% out of 100 of his sperm are alive and moving! And ur suppose to have millions of sperm he has like not even 100 thousand. So now we both have prob. Guess no babys for us any time soon. He has to go to a infertility doc and now my doc is taking me off meds untill we fix him so I dont waste my last 2 months on the drugs so................It sucks
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi ladies

i am so sorry kacey, ur in my prayers & thoughts.

Notpatient iam so happy for you, specially for the baby girl. Hope you get a healthy 9 months .

Clarkham , well all the best for you & hope you get healthy 9 months.

I want to be a mommy, sorry for the bad news , hope everything gets better soon good luck
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2006
Experienced User
I want to be a mommy - i'm sorry! Could it be fixed with a simple lifestyle change or anything like that? I know my cousin's husband had a low sperm count and he did a few simple changes to his diet and avoided hot water and within a couple months his count was up. I hope it's as simple as that for you and your hubby! You have to live through these rough times to get to the good times.

Foxy - how are you feeling? We haven't heard from you in awhile and just want to make sure everything is ok!

Vol - how's this month been going for you?
|

replied November 13th, 2006
Experienced User
clarkham427 wrote:
i want to be a mommy - i'm sorry! Could it be fixed with a simple lifestyle change or anything like that? I know my cousin's husband had a low sperm count and he did a few simple changes to his diet and avoided hot water and within a couple months his count was up. I hope it's as simple as that for you and your hubby! You have to live through these rough times to get to the good times.

Foxy - how are you feeling? We haven't heard from you in awhile and just want to make sure everything is ok!

Vol - how's this month been going for you?

oh boy kristy......When it isn't one thing it is the next, but don't get discouraged...I have heard that there are medications and herbs that help with low sperm count, just like clarkham I am hoping that it is something simple like too tight underwear, or too little of a certian vitamin. I am hoping that things take a turn for the better for you soon and I will keep you in my prayers.

Notpatient, that's great that you do not have leukemia! .Kylie .Marie is a beautiful name and it has a nice ring to it and I hope daddy realises that most girls become daddy's little girl.

Clarkham, when is your ultrasound going to be done?

Volaremons how is ttc coming along?

Thank you for all of your well wishes and prayers guys I really appreciate it.

I myself am trying to keep my sanity amid all of the insensitive people out there. The comments are just driving me crazy, jus tthe other day I was talking about my ectopic pregnancy and surgery with a coworker when she said "did you ever consider that maybe you weren't meant to have kids? Shocked then she went all to tell me how her sister had a "similar" operation to mine, where she had a c-section and the baby girl is beautiful and healthy etc. Etc. And i'm thinking am I in the twilight zone or something, cause she can't be this insensitive.

Then you have the other folks that call it a "miscarriage" no it was not a miscarriage it was a living baby that had to be killed in order to save my life. I'm just at my wits end and want to seclude myself from people before I end up saying something that I will regret.
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Foxy - i'm sorry people are being so insensitive right now. I can't imagine how hard it is to restrain from saying a few choice words to them after they make comments like that. I had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks 3 days and i'm now 10 weeks days. Everything looked good on the ultrasound except my uterus is leaning backwards and they might not be able to hear the heartbeat through a dopplar until i'm midway into my 2nd trimester. They also said this might be why it took so long ttc with my son, but if it was...Why didn't they say anything to me when I had ultrasounds with my first pregnancy? Who knows! All this really means is that i'll probably have to have more ultrasounds done to check on the baby until they are able to hear the heartbeat with a dopplar. As far as I know now my next ultrasound will be done at 20 weeks to find out the sex of the baby but it might be sooner if my uterus doesn't fall back into place.
|

replied November 17th, 2006
Experienced User
clarkham427 wrote:
foxy - i'm sorry people are being so insensitive right now. I can't imagine how hard it is to restrain from saying a few choice words to them after they make comments like that. I had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks 3 days and i'm now 10 weeks days. Everything looked good on the ultrasound except my uterus is leaning backwards and they might not be able to hear the heartbeat through a dopplar until i'm midway into my 2nd trimester. They also said this might be why it took so long ttc with my son, but if it was...Why didn't they say anything to me when I had ultrasounds with my first pregnancy? Who knows! All this really means is that i'll probably have to have more ultrasounds done to check on the baby until they are able to hear the heartbeat with a dopplar. As far as I know now my next ultrasound will be done at 20 weeks to find out the sex of the baby but it might be sooner if my uterus doesn't fall back into place.

thanks clarkham.....Did they try to hear the heartbeat with a vaginal ultrasound?....From what I understand vaginal ultrasounds pickup things like the heartbeat etc much earlier than the dopplar (sp?). Maybe you can ask them to try that instead.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hey! I have just been reading through this post and I just wanted to say foxy I am sorry and I cant believe people can make such insensitive comments to you!!

Notpatient congrats Embarassed I didnt know you were pregnant!! But my excuse is I havent been about much!! Glad to hear you have had some good news and take it easy!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yeah we heard the heartbeat at the ultrasound. I have my next doctors appointment next wednesday and she's going to try to hear the heartbeat with the dopplar, if she can't then she'll send me for another ultrasound in a week. It'll be nice to see the baby again but it's kind of a pain in the rear because the office where we get the ultrasounds done is over an hour away and dh will be missing a lot of work.
|

Experienced User
Wow! Foxy, I think you need to say what you want to say to people that are insensitive. They have no right to be so self absorbed that they can hurt others. They need a rude awakening and i'm sure it would make you feel better to stick up for yourself and the child that you lost. Don't hold it in...That's not good. You're grieving and people need to repect that. I am so sorry- I can imagine how angry you are, but I can't imagine how upset and sad you are right now. I'm sure this is a difficult time, but you need to keep in mind that you can conceive and you will be a great mommy one day. You have love to share with a baby and that means you are meant to be a mommy! Every day we spend facing the ttc challenge makes us stronger and appreciative of the fragile life we will someday care for outside of our womb. You're in my prayers.
|

Experienced User
Foxy - people have no clue sometimes when they are talking to people who have lost a child. I lost mine at 12 weeks. A lady that I worked with actually told me about her abortion and compared that with my loss. She also had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't really a baby at that point anyway. I have never been so appauled in my life.
|

Experienced User
Thanks guys... .Notpatient, .Jolie, .Abbysmom

abbysmom, i'm so sorry for your loss the feeling of losing a baby is not one that I would wish upon anyone. It amazes me how mean people are, comparing a miscarriage to an abortion and then to top it off with saying that your baby wasn't really a baby!!! Mad that's not insensitive that is just plain mean.

But I must say for every insensitive person I have spoken to out there, I have talked to very sensitive and thoughtful people in here.

You guys are the best!

Edited for spelling errors
|

replied November 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Any updates guys...Clarkham, vol, kristy, musik, notpatient, jolie, abbysmom?
|

Experienced User
Nothing new going on with me. I'm just waiting to ovulate. How about you?
|

Experienced User
I'm out of the game until january, but I am hoping to hear of some bfps from some of you.
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hey!! Well I am on cd10 waiting to test its going sooooo slow!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....