Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Maybe a Stupid Question, But...

User Profile
I was wondering ('cause I couldn't find anything on yahoo search about it), if me and my husband wanted to try for a baby and mid-way through out ttc week (being fertile & ovulating) we wanted to go to lake tahoe to make it more romantic. The altitude is a bit higher there than it is in las vegas, so would that interfere with our baby-making?

Please help, I really don't wanna screw up anything and then regret it later when I miscarry or don't get pregnant. I really want to have this little bundle of joy that I have been waiting for... For 7 years (no, we weren't trying for that long, I was just waiting for my hubby to change his mind that's all).

Thanks all!
Need all the baby dust I can get !!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi! I have never heard of altitude changing if you can get pregnant, so I wouldn't worry about it! Go have fun and have a romantic, relaxing time. Just remember to not stress to much over it, b/c that can cause your body to not conceive and to act funny!!!
The hubby and I have been trying for 5 mths now, and no luck yet, but we'll keep trying until we get those wonderful 2 pink lines in the window Smile
here's some baby dust for you and good luck!
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks...
I was just so worried, and I totally forgot to ask my doctor when I went to see her. It's just that people say that pregnant women shouldn't be flying so I figured that maybe if my egg gets implanted and i'm starting my pregnancy... That the plane ride from vegas 2 tahoe, and the elevation in in the mountains would mess it up. But i'm glad that it's not the case Smile
i'm happy and I can't wait for january. We're still trying now, it's just a romantic getaway for just the two of us... And maybe by that time it might just be a getaway to celebrate the good news!

Good luck to you two as well - and lots of baby dust your way!!!

Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Laughing
|

Active User, very eHealthy
No worries! You can fly up to the very beginning of your third trimester (not much after that though!), so you have no worries!!
Have a great time and I hope you'll be sharing good news in no time!!!!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Good luck!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....