My gf of over a year just pushed me away and broke things off because she didnt feel "in love" all the sudden. I was willing to be there through the ups and downs and through it all. Now she only wants to be best friends and I dont want to loose her but its hard when im still in love with her. This break up came out of no where in a week. We were talking about our wedding the week before...Then boom!
To her it makes sense in her head to end it and not even try another solution. But to me it doesnt we were suppose to be in it to the end..Through the good and bad times....In sickness and in health but she just up and ended it when it didnt feel right to her anymore. She says that this was not a bipolar decision. But when you say you love someone and you want to marry them you dont just break it off for no reason and not even try to mend it. Then to want me to be her best friends and never ever leave her. She says she will never loose me but I just lost the love of my life.

I think it might be a bipolar thing but I dont have any proof. She told me early on that bipolar would just keep hurting me when we had a similar situation but we didnt break up. She says this time isnt not bipolar. She cant understand why she doesnt feel any thing anymore she says its not me. She was happy with me and has nothing bad to say about the relationship. So why did it just abrubptly end? I am so lost and confused. What do I do? Hold my feelings in for her. Shut them off? Will this last? Will she feel she loves me again next month? I am trying to be there as a friend and let her know I am never going to leave. But its really hard to stay and be friends when your heart is broken so badly and your still in love.

Help please...I cant stop crying...I dont want to loose her.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Exwentlooney
|

replied March 11th, 2008
Bipolar Bf Broke It Off
The same thing happened to me 12 days ago. From one day to the next my bf broke things off when less than 48hrs before we were talking about having getting married, having a baby...im a mess and have no idea how to recover
|
Users who thank dilis for this post: Exwentlooney 

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2008
Supporter
This might sound a bit harsh, but maybe she's right. Maybe the end of the relationship wasn't about the bipolar. Maybe, though, especially towards the end, the "love" was a result of the bipolar. I don't believe that someone can just fall out of love with someone in an instant. It takes time. Maybe she wasn't feeling this true love for a long time and couldn't face it because of her bipolar. It's a hard thing to deal with. Maybe she is finally experiencing some clarity and is facing her true feelings. I know that sucks a lot for you, but unfortunately it's reality. Bipolar is very tricky and it can go many ways, especailly when love is involved. Try to be positive and know that you're a tough cookie. I (along with many others here) are always willing to chat iether here or via Private Message. I'm sending you my best!
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You will find another love...I promise you, one that will love you always and maybe if your X is bipolar and going to be all over the place and break your heart over and over ...well, maybe its all 4 the best...
|

replied March 14th, 2008
Experienced User
I agree with the sentiments expressed here. One thing I always try to live by, is that there is someone for everyone. It has taken me so far dating four guys, but things are looking really good for my current boyfriend and I.

It is all about just getting back up on your feet and finding someone new... or having that person find you.
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yep...hop back on the horse or enjoy being and getting to know yourself.
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2008
i know how you feel
my g/f did the same thing to me a few months back we had been togeather for 5 yrs and there where children involved i had always been the primary care giver for the children he did not do much for the kids played with them from time to time now not only i am left standing here wonder what happend but so are those babys they are 4 and 6 everything was great we was what could be considered your normal everyday les houshold and then bam she just decided one day she was leaving and nothing could stop her
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2008
Community Volunteer
milesgirl, that is horrible. If you believe in karma then leave it to the Universe...she will regret screwing you over in the end.Be strong and know that there are good and loyal people out there.Love to you and your precious kids.. luvcomp
|

replied December 10th, 2008
Experienced User
Wow, that is horrible. Miles, sorry to hear about recent events.

I don't know what it is about some people that are in great relationships just suddenly figure that they need to get out right away or up and leave or anything.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2008
yea well she will realise in time what she had and let go and that won't be here for her no more when that day comes and she is going regreat it i love the kids dearly right now she is fighting about seeing them i feel it is best for them not to have me riped out of their lives they are to young for that kind of desistation.and i raised them for 5 yrs they as much my babys as they could be if i had givem bith to them in my heart.
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Wow!! I am not alone. I lived with my girlfriend for 4.5 years and then without warning she moved out. She said she needed space but that I was still the only guy for her. This was the end of september 2009. Then she went on vacation to her parent over Christmas period and just before she went she asked to get back together, which we did. And then once away on vacation she sent me a text message just after Christmas saying that she cant change herself and that us getting back together is not the solution. And also that she doesnt love me like a girlfriend should love her boyfriend, She is undiagnosed, but has since she left gone on anti depressants which has sparked a full manic episode, with all the classic symptoms. the emotional roller coaster as she loves me one day and cant stand me the next is just unbearable. She has recognised that she has a problem and ha scheduled an appointment for Feb 5, but she was quick to point out that her being treated wont change her mind. I am her major support. She says she wants to be best friends. I have to support her financially. She manipulates me like crazy and I cant stop myself from helping her. I get damsel in distress calls all the time.
|

Wow!! I am not alone. I lived with my girlfriend for 4.5 years and then without warning she moved out. She said she needed space but that I was still the only guy for her. This was the end of september 2009. Then she went on vacation to her parent over Christmas period and just before she went she asked to get back together, which we did. And then once away on vacation she sent me a text message just after Christmas saying that she cant change herself and that us getting back together is not the solution. And also that she doesnt love me like a girlfriend should love her boyfriend, She is undiagnosed, but has since she left gone on anti depressants which has sparked a full manic episode, with all the classic symptoms. the emotional roller coaster as she loves me one day and cant stand me the next is just unbearable. She has recognised that she has a problem and ha scheduled an appointment for Feb 5, but she was quick to point out that her being treated wont change her mind. I am her major support. She says she wants to be best friends. I have to support her financially. She manipulates me like crazy and I cant stop myself from helping her. I get damsel in distress calls all the time.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
AndyBurgs wrote:
I am her major support. She says she wants to be best friends. I have to support her financially. She manipulates me like crazy and I cant stop myself from helping her. I get damsel in distress calls all the time.
If I were you I wouldn't give her another dime and I would change my phone number...
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2010
update on me
well here i am a lil over a yr later after we split and now she is regreating haveing lwft me and says she misses what we had.and wishes we could go back to the way it was i tolod her well we can't i have someone new who treats me good and respects me.i a happy with where i am in life she on the other hand is dateing a 17 yr old who cheats on her and whores around i guess she got her just medicine yeaaaaaaaaaaaa for that
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Oh its about bi polar alright. Thats my story too. She had multiple relationships going while telling me she wanted to get married and have a kid. Walk away with out a word. Don't insult her or try to use logic. Be happy. Show support. Give her space. Fake it. Dont call her for a few weeks or cave when she doesnt call ever. It the most painful experience I have ever known. You cant change her mind. Act like your okay with it but she may not call. Its your only shot at getting her back. Go immediatley to a doctor for xanax because its going to really mess you up. She's sick and may be lying and cheating. She cheats for the excitement of a new relationship. Her self esteem is so low that no attention is ever enough. Its not personal. She cares but push her and she will break off all contact. Your sorrow will make her feel bad and she'll avoid it. Her new excitement is all she wants now. You cant understand mental illness. It feels selfish and is but she's suffering and trying to avoid feeling worse. I want to date a exspouse of bi polar. They must be angels. Your best bet is to move on but keep tabs that you are doing good and hope she is too. Maybe she'll come back. Dont hope.
|

replied March 18th, 2012
I hope I don't sound too harsh but I agree with your girlfriend. I've been going out with this guy for more than a year, and I've been recently diagonised. I'm planning to break up with him. We love each other a lot but I'm not ready to make him go through this. Maybe your girlfriend feels the same way... I think bipolar is more harsh to the persons loved ones. I'm sure you'll find someone.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...