Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Ectopic Pregnancy (long Post...sorry)

Hi guys, as you all know I got pregnant after a miscarriage and nine months of ttc. Well I am sad to say that this pregnancy was ectopic so I no longer have a baby and the tube was badly damaged so they removed it so now I only have one tube.

It happened on october 8th, I was in the shower washing my hair and this excruciating pain came over me, I could barely stand up then I got really dizzy so my husband rushed me to the er. At first they thought I had just had tenderness ( because dh and I bd'ed the night before) but I told them that it wasn't cramping and it wasn't damn tenderness.....It was incredibly unbearable pain, so they gave me baralgin for the pain and just had me lay there for an hour (obviously they didn't believe me about the pain) when the docotr came back she said "you don't want to go home aye....Why are you still here laying down?" that was when I got pissed and I said, "i am in !**@! pain lady...And i'm not going anywhere until you give me an ultrasound and see what is going on!" so she sighed and siad "ok lets go" and she put me in this other room and tried to do the ultrsound and obviously didn't know what she was seeing (now keep in mind dispite the pain meds, I am still in unbearable pain and now every time I breathe my whole right side hurts and it feels like an elephant is sitting on my right lung) so she calls another doctor in to look at the ultrasound. That was when they discovered that my ectopic pregnancy had ruptured and I was bleeding internally, my abdominal cavity was already filled with blood and now another cavity on my right side ( I can't remember the name of the cavity) was filling with blood also (hence the reason why I was feeling pain whenever I breathed) so they rushed me into surgery....While they were prepping me the original doctor came in and apologised she said that she just assumed that I was in pain because I had sex the night before. My husband asked her if she realised that her neglegency could have cost me my life (obviously he didn't ask in a nice way, I just gave you the pg version). And she apologised again.

So basically when they opened me up they knew the tube could not be saved.

So I have been trying to pick up the pieces for these past couple of weeks. I am so discouraged right now....Dh is trying to be positive and is trying to keep me positive but its not working because I know my chances have been reduced to a 25% chance every other month now......

I've decided to wait until january to start trying again.....So please pray for me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm so sorry to hear that! Sad

.I'll definitely pray for your recovery and future attempts.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I'm so sorry Sad
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I am so sorry!! I cant beleive they didnt give you an ultrasound in the first place. Some of these doctors and nurses dont even deserve to be out in the medical field. Sorry you had to go thru that. I will keep you in my prayers!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Sorry that you had to go through that. I can't even imagine what you're going through... But I will be praying for you for january. You can pray for me too that way two prayers might be more powerful than one. Me and my hubby are gonna try again in january (beginning) so let's just pray for eachother =)

sending lots of luv!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Wow thats horrible. Doctors in the e.R are some of the stupidest i've seen they sent me home when I m/ced and was soaking about 3pads an hour. Ill keep you in my prayers 0=).
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
O.M.G. I am sooo sorry that you had to go through that! Whatever happened to the good dr's? It is too bad that you have to stand up to them like you did! Just because your chances have decreased does not mean that you cannot become pregnant again and carry it to full term as we all have that chance, think positive! My thoughts prayers and hopes are with you! I was thinking about you the other day, we are glad to hear from you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you for january!
Be well!
|

replied November 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Thank you for the support guys....It means alot, especially since all of a sudden many of my friends/family are avoiding the whole topic with me, I guess they feel uncomfortable with the whole situation and don't know what to say.....The only person that I have been able to talk to is dh.
|

replied November 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I'm so sorry for your loss and all the pain you have gone through. Don't give up hope... Sad
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...