Hi everyone--
i just became a member of this site. Funny thing is I was reading your posts for a wk. Then I had one of my "spells" and ended up in the er for hurting myself and ended up with 12 stitches...Anyways...They petitioned me to the local mental health hospital where I stayed for 3 nights. I must say it was an interesting experience. I was on a unit intended for people suffering from ed (eating disorders) and sirs (self injury recovery services). It was almost like being back in elementary school..Elementary school for crazies. I felt like I was in a crazy house, I guess essentially I was. However, it must have been the most calming, therepeutic three days of my life. I since then decided to join. I feel that these forums are the closest thing to the comfort I felt there. They are the only place where I feel I am not alone with my disorders. I am 23 and part of my release required that I set up an appt with both a phsychiatrist and therapist which I have done. I would love to hear from some of the regulars on this site as I will be posting often and hope to get to know some of you. I am always open to suggestions for coping and will be happy to share my experiences as well as suggestions and new information I gain through my therapy...Oh yeah...Currently I take 30 mg of prozac a day to treat my depression.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Just Released
Hi
How are doing now?

best
|

replied October 10th, 2007
I was in a mental health hospital too, but exept i was there for a year. LOL but not locked up or anything, just getting help for my depression. and anxiety and confidence issues. and i think it really helped me. but next door was the locked up ones, they were all suicidal and really mentaly ill. but I made lots of freinds there though. Smile
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Most Important
Was that you were able to learn something by this experience. Since you are going to get some help, it must have had some impact on you. That is a good thing. Now just that experience as a guideline to recovery. I don't think it is something you would like to go through again.. If you really want to get well, the you hare going in the right direction.

I wish you the best,
Carrie
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2007
Experienced User
yeah i got put in one for like2 or 3 days but i didnt like it the one i went to people werent very excepting and i didnt get to see the people that i needed more than ever but anyways
how are you doing since then?
|

replied November 4th, 2007
What was it like? Did you feel wierd being in the hospital or did they help?
|
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....