User Profile
Me and my husband tried for a baby during the time I was highly fertile (october 1st was accidental, october 2nd and 3rd was on purpose). I took a pregnancy test on the 15th at night before going to bed, and it said negative (i also took one on the 5th and 12th of october, just because I was anxious to know, but they were too early to tell, so therefore, were also both negative). During those 2 weeks that I was waiting, I did have breast soreness, and I drank a lot of water, therefore, made constant trips to the bathroom. I did feel dizzy at times and had waves of nausea coming and going. I am a massage therapist, so most smells I usually could stand made me sick to my stomach. Now, this might of been just because I was anxious to get pregnant, and my mind was making up symptoms. But for the past couple of days i've been getting these waves of cramps and my stomach feels tighter then before. I did get my period on the 17th of october, and it was light at first. Then that same day I got a massage (because my muscles were sore) and afterwards it got heavier, but for only 3-4 days, then for the remainder of my period (which was another 4-5 days) was just drops of dark blood followed by gray mucus/discharge. Today I got this terrible migraine (at 11pm) along with nausea, but didn't throw up. I don't have breast soreness, and I do take my over-the-counter prenatal pills (since I heard that it's better when you take then before you try to conceive), so you're less likely to get sick during your first trimester, and it helps having all the folic acid in your body to have a healthier baby.
Could I still be pregnant and not know it? Or did my period basically said it all (not prego)? Should I still go to my ob/gyn and ask for a blood test instead of getting another hpt test?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Firstly, prenatals don't keep you from being sick. Vitamin b6 does, but the other vitamins will make you feel worse, so it cancels out the effects. It's possible, but not common, to have a period while pregnant. If you had a miscarriage, it's also common to still feel pregnant. You need to have a blood test done, and then a second to compare the levels of hcg in your system. If they are doubling every 2 days, you are still pregnant. If not, you may hvae had a miscarriage or not been pregnant at all.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...