User Profile
Alright I might be paranoid or just getting my hopes up but I really think i'm pregnant. I stopped taking the pill septemeber 30'th. I didn't take the last row of pills since they're just sugar pills. I got my 'pill' period the 6th. I have yet to get another period which is odd for me because after coming off the pill I usually get my regular period withthin a week. Anyways I have a ton of symtoms that can be both pill withdraw and pregnancy but also a few that only fit pregnancy. They say you know and I really feel that I am pregnant. I was wondering how soon I could test? I was thinking of testing the 7th since it'll have been a full month.. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2006
Community Volunteer
If you use a first response pregnancy test then you can test 4 days before your period is due.
Most others say fromthe day your period is due.

When you go to the store read the back of the packet because it gives the specific useage of the particular test.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
That's the thing, I don't know when my period's due. If I were still on the pill it would have been the 6th. Since i'm not you're told to expect your periods to be irregular and to possibly take 3-6 months to go back to normal. So i'm thinking wait atleast a month and then it should be able to tell me right?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I would still take one around the 6th or so, when your period would have come from being on the pill. If it shows negative, take another one 2 weeks later. This way if you are pregnant, you are not waiting for such a long time to find out and get in to see your doctor!!!!!!
I have been off the pill for 5 mths now, and have only had 2 periods. Twice now, I thought for sure I was pregnant, but no such luck for me Crying or Very sad
good luck and keep us all posted!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....