User Profile
Im 18 years old, I live at home with my parents and my b/f lives with me. Im 17 weeks pregnant and I need some advice on how to talk to my mom. My family already nows that im pregnant and everyone supports me and is constantly buying me stuff, most of it I dont need. But the problem is that my mom is trying to control every aspect of the babys life. Its her very first grandchild so I know shes just excited. But shes telling me what to name the kid, telling me that im not allowed to take it out on walks, she picked out the color for the room, bought everything that goes in the room. Me and my b/f had absoulty no say in anything. Shes even telling me where and how I have to give birth and when I didnt listen she got mad. When I tried to talk to my mom about everything she just got mad and said I was saying she was controling my life and kicked my b/f out of the house and said he couldnt have anything to do with his child. Hes still here, we had worked everything out and things seemed to get better, but now shes back to doing it. Im just afraid that if she keeps acting this way she might push the farther away so that he doesnt want anything to do with this child. Any advice would really help...Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Oh man. Way to go, mom.. Rolling Eyes
.I'm sorry she's being like that!
It's your child, not hers. I wonder if she understands that.
I wish .I had more advice to give you-
since you've already tried reasoning with her.
Keep trying to talk to her, maybe try to compromise.
She needs to understand that this is *your* baby,
&you have the right to make the decisions!
Is there any way you can move out with your boyfriend?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
arcadia wrote:
oh man. Way to go, mom.. Rolling Eyes
.I'm sorry she's being like that!

It's your child, not hers. I wonder if she understands that.

I wish .I had more advice to give you-
since you've already tried reasoning with her.

Keep trying to talk to her, maybe try to compromise.

She needs to understand that this is *your* baby,
&you have the right to make the decisions!

Is there any way you can move out with your boyfriend?

i went through the same exact thing.But thank the lord I got out.Im 16 with a 5 month old.And not till I started steppin up she stopped.Now im happy with my hubby =)
|

User Profile
Were planning on moving out after the baby is born so that way we have the extra help if we need it. My friend thinks my mom is just going through a mid life crisis and wants another baby really bad. So maybe eventually things will get better, for now ill just try to talk to her when she says and does stuff.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...