Ok ladies, I need your help! I have been off the pill for 5 mths now. Had a period in june, july, sept and now waiting for my next af to show!!! My af is around 45-50 days apart, when it does decide to come. (irregular to say the least!)
i am currently on cycle day 45 and no sign of it, except for the past 4 days, I have had incredible sore bb's and weird "feelings" in my uterus. I have taken 2 tests (the latest one last night) and still showing negative.
I have no idea what to do, or how to track when I am ovualting. I am going to the doc's next week, to see if I can get some answers and/or some help.
In the meantime, have any of you had the same things happen? If so, what did you do? This is so frustrating!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry - one last question......... If my cycles are around 45-50 days apart, what days should I be ttc?
Also, I was thinking of going and getting home opk tests, do you think it's worth it right now?
Thanks again!!!!!
|

Experienced User
I would suggest basel body temping. I started doing this when I got off of birth control in jan. I always know for sure if I have ovulated or not. There are many free charting websites out there. A lot of people use fertilityfriend. As for the opks, I went through 18 of them on this cycle alone and still didn't get a positive. I started them way to early and went through my supply.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My suggestion is that you talk to the dr unless someone else her has somemore information to offer. You might write everything down that you want to ask your dr so you will not forget anything and let your dr know that you are not regular.
Good luck!
Keep us posted.
|

replied October 29th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks ladies!!! I have been charting my basal temps for the past 7 mths (got an early start!) but they are quite sporatic, and sometimes difficult to read. My average body temp is quite low each day, but since my af is usually around 45-50 days (i think?!) I usually see quite a few "dips" in that time frame!!! Very frustrating to say the least. Not to mention that my body plays tricks on me, and some days I feel like I have those "ovulation cramps" but I have a high basal temp Mad
anyhow, I will keep you posted and let you know how it goes at the doctors this coming tuesday....I hope that he is willing to listen and to help. I know it hasn't been long that we have been ttc, but at almost 31, i'd like to get going, so to speak!!!!!
Wish me luck and thanks for all of your suggestions! (i think I may buy the opk kit after I see the doctor, but I know they can get very expensive......Especially when you don't know when exactly to test on a 50 day cycle!?! Would that mean I ovualte around cycle day 35 or so???)
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....