I've been having contractions since yesterday, but never timed them.
My doctor told me today that if I have more than 5 in an hour to go to the hospital. I started timing and for the last two hours, i've had 9 each hour, but they're not consistent. They're like 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 (not that order) minutes apart. I'm getting ready to call. I just wanted to know if they .H.A.D to be consistently like 4 or 5 minutes apart.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 26th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I don't have an answer for you but I hope this is it!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
If you're having that many, I don't think it matters if they aren't spaced perfectly apart.

Go ahead and call! This could be it!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm such a freak. I kinda don't want to call because now i'm getting nervous. Lol
my husband's almost home from work. I'm calling in a second. I'll let you guys know.
Is it okay if I eat???
I'm starving and just finished dinner.
|

Especially eHealthy
I would definitely eat because I guess they don't let you eat while in labor. Maybe i'm wrong...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Eat enough so that you're not starving, but then wait until you call. Don't fill up!
|

Especially eHealthy
Yaaay! Good luck! You're in my prayers!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
maybe i'm wrong...

nope, you're right! They want your tummy empty in case they have to do surgery. But you might be in there a while if you do have to go in, so I suggest getting a little bit down. Just to keep your blood sugar at a good level!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I just called. She's calling my Dr. B/c she doesn't think I should go in if they're not consistent.
I'd hate to go for nothing. I'm glad she's calling.
|

Especially eHealthy
contractions suck ballz
|

Extremely eHealthy
She called him and I misunderstood him. If I have contractions 5 minutes apart for an hour then go in.
She said that they could be 4, 5, and 6 and not consistently 5 each time. That's when I need to go in.
Right now they're 6, 7, 8, 5.
She said this could happen for a few hours and then go away and this could happen up to two weeks before labor.
I'm going cry in the corner now. Lol
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
U.G.H, are you serious?!

What a load of bull. Sad

at least you can eat all you want now, right?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm eating my cheeseburger, fries, and a bowl of ice cream after.
They're gonna see. I'm gonna go into labor tonight and crap while i'm pushing. Lol

i'm still timing them to be sure.
|

Extremely eHealthy
They got to 5-8 minutes apart and just completely stopped. It's been an hour with nothing.
This is bull.
This is my third time messing around with contractions.
I quit timing them.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...