User Profile
Well as some of you probably know I am ttc (still!!) and I have pcos.

Anyways I have just been prescribed clomid to take on cd 2-6 and metformin 500mg to start with then I have to up it to 2000mg over 4weeks.

I just wanted to know if any of you ladies or anyone you know has got pregnant while taking clomid. Its just people keep telling me how it hasnt worked for them, and I want to hear a story with a happy ending to give me some hope!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with it. But I did want to say good luck! I hope things turn out well for you!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks hun! Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
I have a friend who took clomid. She has twins. The second time around she got a singleton. Wink clomid worked for her. And the first time she got pregnant, she didn't need anything (had a singleton).

Stories about clomid will vary depending on why people are taking it. Don't listen to any one else's story unless they have the exact same issues with the exact same diagnosis you have. Even then, their story may be different.

Trust that this is going to work for you and don't worry about the 'what ifs'. Life is too full of 'what ifs'.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry!!
Hey!! Thanks for the advice its good to hear a good story for a change

>>>>>>> I wanted to apologise for having 2 posts on here saying the same type of thing, this one was on the pregnancy forum but I guess it was deemed unworthy and has been moved! I am sorry for anyone who had to read my story twice!!! Smile >>>>>>>>>>
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Sorry that I couldnt be of any help. I have never taken or know of anyone who has taken this med. I wish you all the baby dust in the world
|

replied October 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I can't remember if I answered on your other post or not. I got pregnant using clomid. Although I didn't have a diagnosis of pcos at the time. I do now and am sure that is why I had the problems that I did when ttc #1.
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for all your replys!! Well I increased my metformin to 1000mg today and I havent been sick yet, hopefully thats a good omen! And I am now on cd 8 so I have finished my first course of clomid, hopefully I will be ovulating some time around the 5th november!!

Abbeysmom I cant remember, how much metformin are you on? And hows things going?
|

replied October 30th, 2006
Experienced User
I am taking 1000mg total. I have been on some other boards and it seems like most people are on a higher dose than me. I did ovulate this cycle though so it may be working.
|

replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey, not sure if you still remember me....
I am not thinking about ttcing now, but was on clomid for 2 cycles. Nothing happened....All the best dear
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Hello.
My neighbor got pregnant her first month on clomid. I am hoping to be that lucky, I am in my first month!
I think it just depends on your individual circumstances.
Good luck with everything!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....