Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Out of the Blue Ovulation Cramps???

Here is my story: I have been tracking my cycles for a good 10 months ( I am a big planner, if you haven't guessed) and have a pretty good handle on when I ovulate. I also have a good handle on my symptoms. Three days ago my husband and I finally took the plunge and did not use a condom. It happened to be either the day of ovulation or the day before. Today I have bad middle stomach cramping and back pain. I have never had ovulation pain in the past. I know it sounds ridiculous, but why would I have ovulation pain out of the blue...Ironically 2 days after possible conception. Am I going crazy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi! Your onset of cramping and back pain so seem a bit odd, especially if you say you ovualted 2 days prior, but it could be that you had a late ovualtion day (do you track your basal temp? Did it dip on the day you thought you were ovualting?) if you did conceive however, I doubt that it would be a result of that. The sperm usually take 24-48 hours to swim to the egg (after that they usually die off!!) and implantation does not occur until 6-10 days after you ovualte, and then can sometimes be associated with a mild crampy feeling and some light spotting.
I would wait for a few days (or until the 6-10th day after o'ing) and see how you feel then. It's too early to tell if you conceived or not!
Hope this helps even a little! Good luck to you Smile
|

replied October 31st, 2006
Well, the cramping has continued along with spotting (dark brown...Just a few drops) on 7 dpo (i haven't spotted between periods for a good 5 years). I am currently on 9 dpo...So now it is just a waiting game. Also have sore breasts/swollen breasts, gassy, blue veins on breats and a bit of insomnia. So in a few more days I will hopefully have my answer.
|

Experienced User
Sounds promising. Keep us posted.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Oh my god girl.....Sounds like your pregnant!!!!! Your bit of spotting "brown" sounds like implantation bleeding to me!
Good luck and let us know....I am so excited for you!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....