Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

*~*finally!!*~* (Page 1)

I started having bad back labor yesterday...

So I tried to tolerate it.

Took tylenol.

A hot shower.

Couldnt relax.

So I went to the hospital.

Sat there waiting for a doctor for over 4 hours while they had me on a hydrating drip since I was dehydrated (which is what they thought was causing my contractions..)

but the further the bag depleted.. The worse I felt.. The harder they got, and the more painful.

So I got there around 10:30 last night...

Didnt see a doctor til 2 am.

I was in so much pain, I was like, beating the bed up and crying. I actually almost puked a couple time it hurt so bad, and I was shaking.

So around 4 am, I got pain meds. (vistaril) and they put me on more fluids.

Then they checked me again, and I wasnt any more dialated than I was when I got there. (a *fingertip*)

then came in god knows what time this morning and was like..

"ok, here ya go. Your free to go. If your contractions become more frequent than 5 minutes apart, come back in. Or if your water breaks.*

ok...

Come on now.

Im having a c-section. Not .V.B.A.C... I cant theres too big of a chance of uterine rupture since .Jacob was born so recently..

Now my problem...

If I got into labor, and my family has quick labor... And im forced to push this baby out before I can get into the hospital to have it under control so I can get the section... And my uterus ruptures..

What the hell am I gunna do?? That crap is dangerous. I could die.

I'm having a c-section for a reason.

*sigh*

whatever.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2006
Supporter
That's ridicules!!!! I would be flippin' out on them, no doubt! Geez, what's up with these doctor's lately????????
|

Especially eHealthy
You know.. My dad, my mom, robs mom, his dad, and my best friend all asid the same thing I did..

Why wait?? Im obviously ready, or else I wouldnt be contracting.

So why make me go thru all this, with the risks involved? Why not just take her out?

But I figured the doctor (whom was a resident from what I understand and the only doctor on call...) knows what shes doing.

Im seriously considering going to another hospital.

But im not sure if they'd send me back to this one.
|

User Profile
Supporter
There are no good benefits to make you wait until you go into labor, especially with the risks involved!

I just don't get it! What reasons do they give you that they want to wait?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Please get ahold of your dr and talk some sense into him or her or have the dr explain why they are waiting! Why are you becoming dehydrated again? Did they do a blood test? Your dr needs to do one, this might push your dr along! Try to go see your dr and tell him or her that you are having terrible pains, don't go to er, go to your dr, your dr knows your situation! Even if your dr is off they can reach him or her in an emergency.
I am only saying this because I care!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I know excatly how u feel. It's crazy making u wait
|

Advanced Support Team
Did they even read your chart???Hellooo c-section peoplke not a vbac. Did you tell her that? I would go back and tell them or call the er and tell them what you are feeling and tell them that your dr has told you that you are having a csection and to call the dr to verify and then go back to the hospital. Girl I swear you are having the same prob I had with my 3rd preg and the Dr. Sorry and I hope that you finally get to have your little one by tomorow.Best of luck to you.
|

User Profile
Supporter
How old is jacob?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Holy crap and I thought my doc sucks at the moment - what's going on with them.

Why dont they just take her out??? This is crazy!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Aww, why are they doing this to you? You poor girl. That's not fair. I hope you are able to get things resolved soon so you and .Caty can both relax!
|

Especially eHealthy
See thats the thing... The doc I saw last night is one of the residents that work at my office.. So she knows.

And yeah, I told them several times that I cant do vbac, that I have a c-section to be scheduled god knows when.

Im just getting so frustrated and pissed! It seems like they refuse to make this a priority.

And they took blood last night, but the nurse made a comment that they were only going to run it if I was admitted.

On top of the fact that .Caty is like, 3 pounds heavier than .Jacob was so my uterus is under enough pressure as it is.

Sam, .Jacobs 15 months.
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh man!!! It's almost time to see .Caty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I can't wait to see her eyes!!!! If they're anything like .Jacobs, they're going to incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

They should've def got you prepped for your cesarean. That blows girl. Call your doctror, and b*tch em out!!!!!!

::dances:: I can't wait, I can't wait!!!! Yipp-ppeee!!!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Supporter
Why do they consider you such high risk? Ethan will only be 11 months old when I have this one, and they act like it is a normal pregnancy. The only thing they have said to me is "you are going to be a busy woman". Did you have complications with jacob or something?
|

Especially eHealthy
I think she's worried because she had a c-section just 2 years ago. The scar tissue can *easily* tear during a contracion or while she's pushing. She could, if that occurs, die from bleeding to death.

It's scary that they even let her go into natural labor. They normally induce, expecially if it's a vbac(vaginal birth after cesarean)

sarah
|

User Profile
Supporter
Well, I understand why she is worried. But, they don't seem to consider me high risk at all when I had a c-section just 5 months and 11 days ago. I was wondering if there are more reason for it or my doctors are just crazy..
|

Especially eHealthy
Ohhh ok, I didn't realize you had had a c-section. My bad.

I don't know...I guess some doctors are more lax than others ya know? Apparently her's aren't that concerned either! Lol...But i'd be scared ya know??

How's your pregnancy going so far??

How ethan doing with his teefuses! Hahaha...Oni *officially* has 2 now. Her 1st on is nearly finished growing and her 2nd on is about a quarter of the way out!!

Whew...I'm glad it's over!! My luck, she'll get more...Soon. Keep the hylands on hand!! Hahahaha!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Sandra, if .I'm remembering correctly, didn't you have all sorts of problems with your first pregnancy?

I love you, by the way! We don't talk enough anymorree. Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I hope you have her soon hun,it sounds like she's ready to pop out and say whassssssuup! Lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sandra, luv I would call your doctor and tell them that you are so ready and that you would feel more comfortable in the hospital because of the risk you run of rupture.

I started to rupture by the time they started to get .Melia out. And it was just 2 years since .Hunter was born.
|

Hi girls
if you look at the ican website or vbac websites, with 15months between the births, there is very little risk under normal circumstances for uterine rupture. Just what i've learned, I understand why they wouldn't keep you, but I also understand your frustration, are you full term right now?
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...