Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Question About Getting Pregnant

I went off my pills a week earlier than the sugar pills and then had my period on oct 12th. I only had it for a few days and then started another pack of pills on the 14th. I also started antibiotics on the 17th for a sinus infection but my boyfriend and I have had sex almost every day since. I'm still on antibiotics.

What is the outcome of me getting or already being pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2006
Experienced User
My first question is why did you go off your pills early? Pill misuse is not healthy for anyone and can really screw up your cycle.

My second question is was there any protection besides pills when you had sex?

Considering your dates, I doubt you're pregnant already but if you keep misusing your pills i'm sure it won't be long before you are.

If you want to get pregnant then I suggest stopping the pills and if you don't want to get pregnant then take them right and use backup protection when you are medication that can alter your birth control method.
|

replied October 24th, 2006
Hi. I stopped my pills b/c the kind I was on was giving me weight gain and stuff so I stopped them early. Then I called my obgyn and they called in the old ones that I used to take so I didn't get them till later on. The one time I forgot was just a fluke on forgetting.

No other protection, no. My boyfriend and I are older, 44 and 33. We both are ok with whatever happens. Neither of us have children and i've never been pregnant so if it happens it was meant to be...
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....