Medical Questions > Nutrition > Atkins Diet Forum

Is Anyone Out There Taking Phentermine?

Hi
about two weeks ago I started a diet pill called phentermine. So far I have been doing good I have lost 10lbs . My question is I am late on my period and was wondering is this could be a symptom. If anyone is knows anything please let me know.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2004
Hey,the diet pill phentermine is'nt that the one that they took off the market due to people haveing heart attacts? Or is this a differant pill? If so were can I get some? I was on the pills that caused all those problems, I lost 60 lbs. So did the diet pill cuase u to have a late period?
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Actually I think the pill your thinking of is phen phen this is phentermine generic for fastin and no they have not taken this pill off the market yet. I was actually late on my period because I was pregnant. Anyways this pill worked wonderful when I was on it. I was averageing six pounds a week I also cut out soda drinks though. I haven't been back on this yet just had my baby at the end of september but I have a friend taking it she is getting it off the internet she has lost like 80 pounds I am not sure how long she has been taking it. I would recomend getting through your doctor though so they can keep an eye out on your blood pressure and stuff I don't like to mess with pills without a doctor. I hope this answered all of your questions and good luck!
|

Congrats.On your baby!!! I'm also ttc! Thanks for the info on the pills! But when I go to the Dr. She tells me their is'nt any diet pills that really work! But I will ask her about phentermine. What is the cost? When did your friend start taking them and how kong did it take her to loose80 lbs.?
|

Thanks and congrats to you too. Some pills work different for people I think you have to find the right one for you thats why I think going through a doctor is the best way. I don't have insurance so my doctor just charges me $15.00 a visit for this pill and the perscription only cost around $24.00 for a month supply. If you get it off line you don't have the doctor fee so I think it is around $120.00 for a 3 month supply a bit more but I guess you don't have to deal with the doctor visit. Go to phentermine.Com it will have all the info on the drug and who shouldn't take it and stuff like that. I also think they have a chat room on that site so you could talk to other people who are currently on this pill and see what they think about it. My friend I think has been using this for about 7 months. Just to let you know you have to diet too like I stoped drinking soda cuz of all of the sugar and when I went to mcdonalds I ordered less then normal so I wouldn't be temped to eat more for example I would order a hamburger instead of a double cheeseburger and drink lots of water. It seemed to work for me but like I said before I haven't gotten back on it yet financial reason are stoping me right now but I hope to get back on it soon. :d
|
Quick Reply