I had bilateral neuroma surgery 6 months ago. I continue to have numbness, which I expect do to the removal of these nerves. But, the pain has no rhymn or reason. I don't know if it is diet related, or if it is too much exercise, but the pain is worse on some days. Tramadol seems to help, and I think neurontin helps. I was diagnosed with pn, but none of the tests showed pn. Just a bad ankle reflex. But, I was told by a podiatrist that this reflex tends to diminish with age. I'm not diabetic. 102 was my glucose....Low cholesterol and triglycerides....So confusing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! Have you thought about seeking another opinion from another neurologist,i do not know if a reflexologist would help. I did not like neurontin, it kind of made me feel kind of out of it but we are all different and I do not know how many mg., you are taking but your doc might want to up your dose. I live with alot of neuro problems too so I do understand what pain is and I can hardly walk and it effects my vision, I too have pn and rsd, I also use valium.I am not a dr but have you tried a .T.E.N.S unit, it does help some people you might want to check it out on the internet and talk to your dr about it. My dr alqays said that he wished he could find the magic pill for me amd I wish your dr could do the same for you! Keep us posted. I am on methadone and roxanal for pain among other meds.
Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....