Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Pain 5 Wks After Lapor. Bilateral Inguinal Hernia Repair

I have been following doctor's order to not lift heavy objects. I haven't. Even whil sitting for a long period, I feel pain, burning, and numbness (sometimes very intense). I don't have bulges, but the pain is as discomforting now as before the operation. I've read that it could be due to nerve entrapment. Also, even after I stand for a while, the pain is there, the numbness, and the burn. There are many times I feel a tingle all the way down into my toes.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? Or has anyone else experienced these discomforts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 9th, 2006
Pain After Hernia Repair
Hi,

i would like to tell you about this very informative website about hernia repairs Herniaonline.Com/techniques/index.html . At the bottom of this link, there is info. About pain after surgery and treatment options. The pain is caused by various reasons, one is:

post operative neuroma formation. The end of a cut nerve forms a painful nerve ending.
• nerve damage as a result pinching or crushing the nerve during surgery.
• nerve entrapment in scar tissue.

Best wishes to you,
oanh hill
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Welcome to ehealth. I am not a Dr. I do know that sometimes it does take time to get over surgeries but if you feel that you are getting worse then I would talk to your dr and if there is nothing more that he can do for you then suggest to him about possibly seeing a neurologist. Keep us posted.
Good luck!
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....