Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Does This Method Work When Trying to Get Prego Help!!

Hey ladies,

i have a question??...My husband and I really want to have a baby, and have been trying so hard for about a year now! My cycles are very irregular I can go 6 months without a period, if I dont take my bc pills. So! I was reading on this other forum, that if you take your bc pills and miss on the 14th day( which is the day you ovulate) and have intercourse that day you, can get pregnant, is this true??...Have this happen to any of you!! To me it sounds weird..But this lady said it happened to her..3 times, and her cycles are irregular as well!! Help..Has any of you tried this method...???

Thanks. Anxiously waiting :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2006
Supporter
I would just talk to your doctor about getting help having a baby or maybe he can give you some kinda pill to ovulate.. I dont knwo
|

Experienced User
I dont know much of anything about ovulation. I would just talk to my doc if I were you. Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Good luck.
|

Especially eHealthy
I wouldn't rely on this. It sounds like some hokey thing that maybe worked for someone and now has turned into an old wive's tale.

In what realm would taking birth control pills to prevent ovulation and then not taking them on only one solitary day, work to get you pregnant? If that were the case, there would be millions of women on birth control getting pregnant every month.

Go see your doctor. Get a check up. Find out why your cycles are irregular.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....