Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bulging Arteries And Flushed Skin

Just curious if anyone has every read or experienced themselves what i'm going through. For the last two years, i've seen my health decline and then level out. I had constant malaise, fatigue, irregular heartbeat, diarrhea, severe headaches, visual disturbances and otherwise felt drunk. I had my gallbladder out in 05, and since had not improved. I just recently was told i'm hypoglycemic and am taking steps to improve that, but the weird part is this: I was put on a bile-binding resin for the post-gb-surgery diarrhea (a year too late, but whatever) and began drinking many more fluids, which I was now retaining, but I came to notice that my skin had taken on a more red flushed tint, and when a finger is pressed into it, it takes about 3 seconds to return to normal color, regardless of the pressure exerted upon it. It does not pitt, and so I don't believe it's edema. At the same time, I noticed the veins in my arms and legs and throat are bulging more than they ever did. I'm especially worried about the carotid arteries bulging. I don't notice anyone's bulging at all when they're simply standing at rest.

Anyone care to comment?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2018

In case there is weakness of the veins or their valves then this could lead to a condition called varicose veins where the veins are permanently dilated and appear tortuous and disfiguring. Over time venous insufficiency results and the tissues around the veins get discolored due to pooling of blood in them.

Varicose veins cannot be cured and the treatment is directed to prevent complications associated with damaged veins.

As the disease progresses, more segments of the veins become diseased and symptomatic.

In Initial stages, self treatment at home with measures like compression stocking use, leg elevation, position changes, avoiding long periods of sitting or standing, and exercise would help in preventing rapid progression of the condition. Loss of weight in obese patients is also helpful.

In advanced cases of varicose veins, treatment in clinics with sclerotherapy, laser therapy or surgical treatment may be necessary.

Consult your doctor for a proper opinion

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.