User Profile
A lot of this might be tmi, so be aware.

As many of you know, I had a lot of stitching after having my baby. It's been 10 weeks since the birth, and the stitching site is still a bit tender to the touch. And it feels like a hard knot of scar tissue in there.

Sex is still painful, but not because of tightness issues. It hurts when pressure is applied to the scar. It also gets irritated for a day or so after I poo. Sad

is there anything I can do to promote healing of the scar area? And how long should I expect it to be tender? The recovery of labor is ten times worse than the labor itself! Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Ohh im sorry that sounds so painfull has you dr looked at the stitches? I would definately not have sex until you can get to a dr to have them check it out and talk to you about it..<3
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
There is some pads called witchhazel that you can get that will help with the pain and irritation. As far as the healing time I really cant tell you because everyone is different and our bodies all heal differently. But I do agree with babygirl. Talk to your doctor and see what he/she tells you
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I had a third degree tear when I had my son. It felt like it took forever for me to heal but no more than 3 months. I have scar tissue and sometimes it hurts when I have sex if i'm in a certain position. I'd talk to your doctor about it and see what he/she thinks and might be able to help you out.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...