Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Feels Like Forever! (Page 1)

So it feels like connor will never ever come out! I have been having cramping all day and last week at my dr appointment he told me I was 70% effaced and 1 cm dialated... This week there is absolutely no change... I have been feeling worse every day... The cramping and contractions are claser together and stronger... Yet nothing.. Its discouraging... I wish he would come out and meet the world already... But I guess when he is ready he will.. I have a feeling this little bugger is going to be a late bloomer... And come after his due date....

Well I just needed to vent a little bit... I am so confused, sick, and discouraged... I know it will happen when I least expect it.. But not knowing when is the problem!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2006
Supporter
I know what your talking about.. Im starting to think that reese is going to be late too.... *sigh* I just want him out already!.. Maybe its a boy thing?
|

Experienced User
I am beginning to think it is... I wish he would decide to come out already.. The discomfort, and different pains... Ugh.. I never know what to think... I hope that your pregnancy is going good...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I know how both you ladies felt. I went 5 days past my due date and I thought my pregnancy would never end. The morning I got up to go to the hospital to be induced, I believe I went into labor...First off I started losing my mucous plug, then I was getting cramps that I couldn't make go away...And even after being induced she didn't want to come out. I ended up having a c-section. But don't worry, your little ones will soon be here.
|

Experienced User
I thought for sure that he would be here by now as I have had problems throughtout my pregnancy.. Nothing major.. But I went into premature labor at 28 weeks, and 2 weeks ago was again in the hospital due to bleeding.. That was the start of me losing my mucus plug. I am 70 % effaced.. And have been that way for a week now.. Its just kinda discouraging knowing that I have started the process but am not progress at at.. Not even the littlest bit.. I wish I knew what to do to make it progress.. But when he is ready he will come out... I guess that as long as he is healthy I shouldn't care when he comes however it is so hard to be patient and be so close... How old is your little girl now?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh, a girl that came here often before (i think she's been too busy lately to visit) but she can tell you all about effacing early on and not progressing at all! Her little girl was born like 1.5-2 days after mine. Adriana turned 7 months this past friday on the 13th. She's a smart little spud!
|

Experienced User
7 months.. Wow.. I bet you can't believe its been that long... I bet she is a smart little girl she had extra time to bake... Lol... Well I am glad that your baby is healthy
|

Extremely eHealthy
Aaawww I am so sorry guys, .Melia came 3 weeks early. So I really don't know what you guys feel like.

Labor dust
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hehe yea... That must suck knowing your 70% effacated.... My doctor dosnt cheak.. He said if I havnt had him by my next appointment they will cheak to see if im effacated and cheak my dialation... Apparently my lil guy has dropped, but just a little bit and his head isnt in the middle its to the left abit which the doctor said could make labour difficult if he dosnt move by the time I go into labour... Im sorry ur pregnancy isnt going the best.. Mine has been pretty easy except for getting the amnio that shook me up pretty good.. And finding out my baba has a bright spot but yea... Enough about me lol...

Labour dust to you!

edited to add

oh! My doctor said only 10% of woman go over due in their pregnancy... Sooooo... Maybe we arnt ! outta luck?
|

Experienced User
Yeah it does suck.. But there isn't much I can do... The doctor said I dropped to down to -1 station.. But still no luck... Yeah I wish that your pregnancy still goes good.. Why did you have to have an amnio? I didn't have one of them done... Labor dust to both of us!
|

User Profile
Supporter
I had to have an amnio because they thought my baby might have had downs syndrome because I had very high hcg level or soemthing... And they wanted to know if he had it so they would know when hes born... Plus I didnt think I would be the best parent to a child with downs sydrome so if he had it I was going to put him up for adoption so some one who could deal with it better then shawn and I could love him and take care of him... But luckily he didnt have it Smile
|

replied October 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Did that come back in the triple blood screen test or something I think its called? I refused that test by recommendation of my doctor because he said sometimes it gives back false results then you worry and get other testing done for nothing... I am glad everything is okay with your baby.. Hopefully soon we will both have our little ones in our arms... I wish you the best of luck with everything.

~*~*~*~*labor dust~*~*~*~*~
|

User Profile
Supporter
jparry wrote:
did that come back in the triple blood screen test or something I think its called? I refused that test by recommendation of my doctor because he said sometimes it gives back false results then you worry and get other testing done for nothing... I am glad everything is okay with your baby.. Hopefully soon we will both have our little ones in our arms... I wish you the best of luck with everything.

~*~*~*~*labor dust~*~*~*~*~

yeah it did come back in the triple screen thinger.. But my doc said it could be that he had downs syndrom or that my body for some reason is just producing extra hcg for no reason at all... And I guess thats what it was thank god!

Thanks for the labor dust... Hopefully it will kick in today or tomorrow:) .. I think you deserve some labor dust too Smile

~*~*~*~*~labor dust, with a hint of something special Wink ~*~*~*~*~
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
oh_mommy wrote:
plus I didnt think I would be the best parent to a child with downs sydrome so if he had it I was going to put him up for adoption so some one who could deal with it better then shawn and I could love him and take care of him...

you were gonna give your baby up if he had downs? Why would you do that? I doubt you wouldn't be able to love him enough or take care of him properly.No one is ready for that kind of thing but you deal with it.That just surprised me that you said that.
|

Experienced User
Yeah... My doctor actually recommended for me to refuse it.. Because of the fact that it can come back with false results... However the only thing that matters is that everything is okay with you little one... Good luck with everything.. And hopefully soon things will kick in to action.... Sooner or later he has to come out.. He can't stay in there forever!
|

Especially eHealthy
Hang in there girls. I'm getting frustrated too but we're not even overdue yet so we can't be that upset. It'll happen soon and when our little guys are ready!
|

Extremely eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
oh_mommy wrote:
plus I didnt think I would be the best parent to a child with downs sydrome so if he had it I was going to put him up for adoption so some one who could deal with it better then shawn and I could love him and take care of him...

you were gonna give your baby up if he had downs? Why would you do that? I doubt you wouldn't be able to love him enough or take care of him properly.No one is ready for that kind of thing but you deal with it.That just surprised me that you said that.

when I got that tested while I was pregnant the doctor asked me if the baby had down syndrome if I wanted to terminate the pregnancy and I said yes I can't have a person living with that kind of disorder, thats like having a cat get ran over by a car really bad with it still being alive and no one putting it down. I don't like to see people suffer like that.
|

Experienced User
I am hanging in there.. Yes it is just frustrating... Not overdue yet.. I just hope I don't go over due.. Because my doctor won't do anything until I am 2 weeks over due... Yuck.. Are you having a boy to "iheartmybostonterrier"? Do you have a name picked out for your little one? Good luck with everything.. Hope it all goes well for you!
|

Especially eHealthy
I hope I don't go over either. I don't know how long they'd let me go over before inducing though, i'm having the incredible hulk's baby, apparently he's huge. I'm also on bedrest which makes this even worse. I'm a prisoner in my own home and i'm so bored! Yup, i'm having a boy too, i'm due on halloween, we're naming him finnegan seamus (finn). I can't wait to meet him!

Good luck to you too!
|

User Profile
Supporter
My doc said something that made me think that he expects me to deliver soon.. And he said only 10% of girls go over due.... Better not be one of those 10% I would be angry!!!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...