Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

21 With Bloody Stool Streaks

Im a 21 year old male. I drink every few days or so, just a few beers. I consider myself healthy, athletic and workout about 3 times a week and walk alot seeing that i'm a waiter. For the past 3 or 4 weeks i've had on/off blood streaks on my stools, not in them- it happens about every other time I poop, which is once or twice a day. It doesn't seem to hurt either, and the poop doesn't look all that unhealthy minus the small streaks of blood. When I have blood on the feces, I get it on my paper when I wipe. I have also noticed that the entrance to my anus gets itchy on some days as well in the last few weeks. No unusual stomach aches or anything though its rather painless, just the blood. I started taking metamucil (fiber) twice a day starting 2 nights ago, and I had a bloody stool tonight too. What should I do? Should I see if the metamucil works? I know of no history of cancer in the family either. Oh, and I don't get it on my underwear throughout the day that i've seen, just on top of the poop every other bowel movement or so.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2006
Can anyone help me with this... Since I wrote this and took fiber, the frequency of the bloody stools had decreased, but I still get it sometimes...
|

replied January 3rd, 2007
Re Bloody Stools
instanteulogy wrote:
can anyone help me with this... Since I wrote this and took fiber, the frequency of the bloody stools had decreased, but I still get it sometimes...
you problably have hemmorids..If u r unsure go to the doctor..Goodluck to u
|
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....