Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

PCOS complications while TTC: will sexual positions aid conc

User Profile
I am 32. I have been trying for a 5 years now and have not used contraception for the longest time. I have used medication to help me ovulate and have done the whole ultra sound checks every second day to check the growth of the ovary, all looked fine. I am not good at remembering the names of the medication. I was diagnosed with pcos 4 years ago, but the doctors said it was mild. Then when I had a laparoscopy I got a surprise. I have only one functional ovary with pcos. This was very depressing. I do get my periods regularly.I dont have almost any of the PCOS symtoms or are very mild.

My husband and I try using positions that elevate me after sex. I am not sure what else to try.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2006
Pregnancy Answer A1676
The position of the body during or after sex usually has nothing to do with the possibility of getting pregnant in cases of diagnosed PCOS. Medically speaking, it would better if you try to decrease your weight than focus on sexual positions. The real problem in women with PCOS is a lack of ovulation. Therefore, ovulation stimulators are used to treat PCOS. Examples of ovulation stimulators are: analogs of GnRH, FSH and LH and anti-estrogens (clomiphene). Metformin is also used to treat PCOS either in combination with ovulation stimulators, or on its own. You can also consider “in vitro” fertilization to conceive if these medications can provoke ovulation. A final solution includes laparoscopic surgical intervention on the functional ovary.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.