Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Elbow "funny Bone" Very Sensitive--ulnar Nerve?

My left elbow has recently become very sensitive. If I tap the region of my upper arm right before the elbow with two fingers, it sends very sharp pins and needles up my arm, seemingly toward the outer side of the hand. The same is not true of my right arm--it takes a lot of pressure in just the right place to give any "funny bone" sensation.

Anyway, I wonder if this could be my ulnar nerve acting up. If so, is there anything I can do in the short term to help my arm feel better. Obviously, i'll see a doctor if it gets serious, but otherwise, i'd rather just be able to deal with it at home.

Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....