Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

My Anixety Triggers the Nerves In My Large Intestine.....

Hi i'm new at this but I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and knows how to deal with it.....I find that everytime I get upset, angry, etc all negative emotions make my nerves go wild but they only effect my stomach I get urges that I have to go make a bale movement and sometimes cause diaherra.......Does anyone now how to deal with this besides imodium???????????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2006
Hey,

yes I get this too. As soon as i'm angry or after crying my tummy will start to churn and almost like a constant bubbling inside. It usually last a few hours. I find if I sit calmly and quietly for at least half an hour it settles a little but have found no real cure other than to try not to get too upset. I think this is a common reaction to stress.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...