Hey everybody! My name is michelle im 18 and I recently got married my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 5 months with no luck..I have irregular mentrual periods my doctor said I might have an ovarian cysts so I went to get and ultrasound but everything came out normal but I still havent gotten my peeriod..Sometimes I go 5 months with no period please tell me what to do! Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Until your periods become regular, to my knowledge, you won't be able to become pregnant. You have to get a period to ovulate.
|

replied October 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You need to talk to your doctor about regulating your menstrral cycle and see what they can do to help you ovulate. That would be a start. Maybe you and your husband shouldn't try so hard. Just enjoy each other and have fun and I am sure that before you know it you might just get preggers.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2006
Community Volunteer
maire2125 wrote:
you have to get a period to ovulate.

not quite - it's the other way round. You have to ovulate to get a period.
The hormones produce by the ovaries after relesing an egg are what causes the period.

To the original poster see your doc or gyn. You may need a course of hormones to help regulate your periods.
Irregular periods don't mean you can't concieve but will definately make it more difficult.

Seeing as your doctor already said you will have problems when it comes to conceiving I suggest you go back to him/her as it sounds as if they already know about any condition you may have.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....