I have been off the pill now for 3 days and last night I had sex with my boyfriend without a condom or any type of protection. We are trying to get pregnant and I am wondering, since I have been on the pill for close to two years, how easy will it be and I am so confused about ovulation and when I am most fertile and all of that! Can someone give me some advice please?

Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2006
Experienced User
I was off the pill for 8 months before I fell pregnant.. They say the most fertile time is between 14-16 days after the first day of your last period.. Sounds confusing but its not really..

Say your last period started on oct 1 count 14-16 days after that which would be oct 15-20 per say would be the most fertile time. However every one is different.. And may conceive or be more fertile be for or after that.. I wish you the best of luck with getting pregnant..And don't get discouraged it will happen when its ment to happen...
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Depends...
I know this is an annoying answer, but it's different for everyone.

I was on the pill from the time I was 16, never missed one, even though I was single for years, I stayed on it religiously. I fell pregnant while still on the pill when I was almost 24. Completely miraculous conception !
I actually was afraid I had some form of womanly cancer from being on the pill for so long, never occured to me that I was feeling unwell, and missing periods because I was pregnant!!
Our second baby we had "on purpose" we got married in december, I went off the pill in january, and got pregnant sometime in feb.

We were "trying" in january, and counting days, timing sex, all the tricks, but we were over it by the end of january ! I was tired of planning sex, and making love even when we'd had a row and were mad at each other- it seemed all very unatural. All "planning" went out the window, and we had sex whenever we felt like it- my period form jan was over just a couple of days after valentines day, so we were pretty keen for a "valentines shag" !!!
That was the day I concieved!!!!! If we'd waited 'till "the right time" we wouldn't have our 11 month old girl right now.

Moral of the story- don't try too hard.
Good luck!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....