User Profile
At my ultrasound yesterday the nurse suggested I take a b complex vitamin along with my prenatal vitamins, so I started them last night, this morning I woke up feeling absolutly dreadful, the worst morning sickness ive had thus far, I can barly move without vomiting

i was wondering if anyone knows about this, is it just a coincidence or is it maybe the b complex vitamins causing it?

~alicia~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Why did the nurse suggest you start taking vitamin b? Aren't there enough in your prenatal vitamins?

Vitamins can cause nausea in pregnant women. Or it could be a coincidence. You'll have to test the theory.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know, thats what I thought, but she said it was because I was taking anti epilepsy medication (for headaches not epilepsy though) before I got pregnant, so my b vitamins would be less then normal people

i guess I should probably try to get an appointment with a doctor soon to see what they think because I can barly move without vomiting, so im missing yet another day of school, ive been telling myself since 8:00 that im going to go out that door and walk my butt to school, but that hasnt happened yet cause every time I try I puke

a family practice doctor would be able to help me right now, right? Cause I wont be able to get into an ob/gyn for a few weeks

~alicia~
|

Especially eHealthy
For morning sickness, just call your ob. If you call and explain how bad it is, they may just give you a prescription. Mornings (or all day) sickness is not cause for a doctors visit on all occassions. Give them a call to see.

Some women experience terrible morning and all day sickness throughout their pregnancies. It may not have anything to do with vitamins or anything else.

How far along are you?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well right now im between 7 and 8 weeks (by my lmp im 8 but by my ultrasound yesterday im about 7)

my main consern rightnow (other then health obvoiusly) is school, we have this policy where if someone misses more then 7 days of any class (with or without a doctors note) they fail (but if you have a doctors note you can get an appeal and you may still be able to pass) and I just really dont want to have to fail and retake my senior year because im nausous and vomiting all the time

~alicia~
|

Especially eHealthy
idony wrote:
well right now im between 7 and 8 weeks (by my lmp im 8 but by my ultrasound yesterday im about 7)

my main consern rightnow (other then health obvoiusly) is school, we have this policy where if someone misses more then 7 days of any class (with or without a doctors note) they fail (but if you have a doctors note you can get an appeal and you may still be able to pass) and I just really dont want to have to fail and retake my senior year because im nausous and vomiting all the time

~alicia~

nausea is common through the first trimester of pregnancy. Call your ob and see if they can help you with a prescription.
|

Experienced User
B vitamins also known as folic acid doesn't make you sick at all. You're sick from your hormones. I've been taking them since I was 4-5 weeks and will soon get off of them since i'm in my 20th week. I had asked the doc too about if they would make me sick and she said no. Mine say to take with a small meal. What does yours say? It may also be your prenatal vitamin. I know mine makes me sick unless I take with a meal.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well my obs nurse told me to go to the er yesterday, because there was nothing she could do because my ob is apparently on emergency medical leave at the moment, although she did tell me that she thinks it is one of three things, either its one or both of the vitamins, its pregnancy related or that I have the bug thats going around virginia beach (it had 1/3 of the students from one elementry school out last week)

so I went to the er and they gave me iv fluids (although they should have given me more) and some kind of medication that is supose to help nausea, although it didnt do much for me, they assured me it was safe for the baby and all

then they gave me a presription and sent me home, but the presription they gave me says its a class c drug, it may be harmful to an unborn child, also that I shouldnt take it if I have athsma, which I do, so now im just really confused if I should take it or not

~alicia~
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Don't take it. If there's any chance that it could harm your baby, &also if you have asthma, don't risk it. Call your ob again &tell her what happened at the er &tell her about the perscription they gave you. If your regular ob isn't there, maybe *someone* will be able to give you a little advice on what to do.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thats exactly what I was thinking, why risk me having to go back to the hospital because I cant breath (and putting my baby at risk because of that) or putting my baby at risk because the medicine could hurt it? Theres no sence in it

and I think it may have been the vitamins (maybe they arent supose to make you sick but everyone is different, and everyone reacts to things in different ways, with me even a regualar saline iv makes me have metal mouth and feel icky, and thats not supose to happen with most people) or it was a flu thing because im feeling a little bit better today, ive been drinking gatorade and keeping it down, just really nauseas, so hopefully ill be even better tommarow
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...