Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Need Some Answers Pleeease

Ok so me and my gf were stupid. We had unprotected sex the week of her period a few times. That was about 7 days ago. Shes not regular and about 4 days ago she had some mild cramping which I thought was ovulation occuring since it lasted two days and chances of pregnancy while on her period are slim to none. Well we had sex today, roughly 7 days after her period, aka the no-no time. We followed some conception home prevention thing and shes inserting 2 500mg tablets of vitamin c for the next 3 days and she plans to take a lot of vitamin c orally the week following her due period. I know its not great birth control but for now how effective will this be? I pulled out every time btw and this last time a spermicide condom was used through half of intercourse and broke. Any other opinions? I know of plan b but can I get it for her? Im 18 and shes 17 so im sure her parents will have to be there which would be bad news. I just want any and all information we could use to make sure she doesnt concieve. Thanks a lot.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Use birth control every single time if you dont want a baby, not that hard.
|

replied October 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Need Some Answers Pleeease
hybrid222 wrote:
ok so me and my gf were stupid. We had unprotected sex the week of her period a few times. That was about 7 days ago. Shes not regular and about 4 days ago she had some mild cramping which I thought was ovulation occuring since it lasted two days and chances of pregnancy while on her period are slim to none. Well we had sex today, roughly 7 days after her period, aka the no-no time. We followed some conception home prevention thing and shes inserting 2 500mg tablets of vitamin c for the next 3 days and she plans to take a lot of vitamin c orally the week following her due period. I know its not great birth control but for now how effective will this be? I pulled out every time btw and this last time a spermicide condom was used through half of intercourse and broke. Any other opinions? I know of plan b but can I get it for her? Im 18 and shes 17 so im sure her parents will have to be there which would be bad news. I just want any and all information we could use to make sure she doesnt concieve. Thanks a lot.

who told you vitamin 'c' would work to prevent pregnancy? That is an old wive's tale. Along the lines of taking a bath afterwards or some such nonsense!

Plan b is to be used in emergency situations only. It is not used for sole birth control. Your girlfriend can get it for herself at planned parenthood.

You aren't being foolish once, you are being foolish a lot. If you do not wish for your girlfriend to become pregnant, wear a condom every time. Get some birth control pills for her and use them - with the condom.

Vitamin c will not prevent a pregnancy. Even if she overdoses on it, it will not prevent the sperm from meeting the egg. That is just...Idiotic. You are 18, go get educated on birth control.
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Omg...No comment...
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...