Hello,
i am a 19 year old female. I was diagnosed with perihperal neuropathy due to a b-12 defiency this summer (i was also deficient in b-1 and carnitine). As I am a healthy eater, and not a vegetarian, this was a little unusual. My neurologist put me on a regiment of b-12, b-1 and carnitine. I am also getting routine b-12 shots. I went to a gastrointestinal doctor this past week because of a gnawing, burning pain i'd had for the past few months. I had an endoscopy and was diagnosed with mild gastritis and tested positive for h. Pylori. I came across a number of articles online which stated there was a connection between gastritis causingb-12 deficency. I am wondering if this is the cause for my vitamin deficencies. It would explain why I have them (the gi outruled an intestinal malabsoption syndrome). Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! I plan on calling the gi next week to discuss this. Thanks a lot!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...