Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Parvo Virus: are there any clinical trials I can join?

User Profile
I began with horrible joint pain, inflammation, and stiffness 3 yrs ago. Saw a rheumy and ra neg as well as ana neg. I did test positive for parvo virus. Family dr tested blood repeatedly until he said I was over parvo virus and said I could suffer the arthralgia for up to 2 yrs. Well I am at 3 rd yr with increasing occurances and severity of flares. Now in hands, wrists, elbows, ankles and knees. I am on Decadron injections, high doses of oral prednisone and high doses of Ultram, effectiveness less apparent every flare, in fact relief rare and causing lack of sleep r/t pain. Now dr's say that this could last 10 yrs as result of parvo...is this true. Are there any clinical trials I could be a part of?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2006
Arthritis Answer A1616
It is true that Parvovirus can affect the joints, especially in adult women. About 60% of affected adult women manifest arthritis and 20% of these have persistent or recurring arthropathy for months and years. According to the symptoms you mention and the therapy you've already received, you need expert help from a rheumatologist to exclude some other diseases that can manifest with the same symptoms (rheumatoid arthritis). To check updated requests for parvo virus patients used in clinical trials, you can consult the website: http://www.controlled-trials.com/mrct/tria l/%7C/1059/188123.html. Please let us know if this information is helpful by sending a private message to the administration whose username is: admin. Thank you very much.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.