Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Need Help Please, Im a Little Freaked

I started orth tri-cyclen lo 12 days ago on a sunday start (about 5 days after my period started). About 3 days after I started the pill the condom slipped off. It did not go inside of me and I do not think sperm went inside either but I can't be sure he was pulling out when it happened). I have been consistent with my pill but last night I missed and took it today like instructed. What are the chances I might be pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Fairly low. However, if an 'accident' occurred many days ago, you cannot take the morning after pill at this late date.
|

replied October 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Missing one pill and taking it the next day is normal, and advised.

Pregnancy is not instant bammo pregnant....

You need to ovulate, and have implantation, which takes anywhere from 6-14 days...

Missing one pill and taking it the next day as prescribed is what you are supposed to do, and ovulation usually would take longer to happen then missing one pill.....
|

replied October 7th, 2006
I still have a little while before I start my sugar pills but I am trying not to freak too much and delay it. I had also only been off my period for about 2 days when the incident happened so I am feeling ok, but still, you never know.
|

replied October 8th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
The pill takes over your period, so when you would ovulate before does not matter at all, because the pill has taken over...
|

replied October 19th, 2006
Still freaking out. I am a sunday start and about to take my 5th sugar pill tonight and still no period. My usual cycle is off (periods are further apart) and I know it can take some time before my cycle regulates but now I am worried. During sex on sunday night I had quite a bit of bleeding. I have never had this before and by the next day it was gone. Could this have been it?

Update* aunt flo has decided to show herself. (after a trip to the campus health center for a pregnancy test of course but whatever) and all is well. At least now I know my pill is definetly working and we have always planned on using condoms anyway. Apparently he has been tested for fertility and has 'super sperm' (his words not mine :-*)
thanks for the advice everyone!
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Your Fine
Hi, my boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex many times. We have been together four years. Once, I missed a pill. The next day I doubled up and then a couple days later I started to bleed before my period(which does happen) I take lutera which is also a lo dose pill. We still had unprotected sex and I did not get pregnant. Do not scare yourself too much until you have to. Birth control acts different to everyone. Your stressing and worrying yourself, which can cause your period to be late as well. You said you were on it for 12 days so you should be fine. If you dont get it at all, it may just be your not getting your period that month(happens sometimes) if you feel scared still go get a blood pregnancy test done it will tell you right away.

Best of luck
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...