Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

35 Weeks And Already Dialating?

Hey I wondering me and my husband went to the hopistal last night becuase I was having bad stomach cramps and when the checked me cervix they told me I was already 1.5 centimeter dialated how long fo you think it will take before I go into labor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
There's no way to tell how long before you go into labor. Some people start dilating early (say 35 weeks) but don't go into labor until 41 weeks. It could be 2 weeks, it could be 4 weeks, it could be 6 weeks. Try not to think about it, it'll happen when it happens.
|

replied October 8th, 2006
This is true. There's just no way to know. I am 34 weeks and dialated to 1-2cm and have been for almost a week now. My doc's are treating me for preterm labor assuming I will deliver early, but have also explained to me that I could even end up being over due. (not likely, but possible) I have always heard that once you get to 3-4 cm you are more in the active stages of labor, but some women go from 1-4 rather quickly while others take weeks. When is your next appointment? Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2006
With my first son I was dialated 6cms and they sent me home and two days later my water broke...

With my daughter I had an irratated utarus and it kept thinking it was in labor for almost two weeks before my water broke.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...