Over the past few months i've been noticing a white spot by my ear and its been disappearing but looks like its spreading wide. Another spot is also appering by my other ear.

Http://img246.Imageshack.Us/img246/3337/ds c01547smallek1.jpg

any clues as to what it is or how to treat it?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2006
Re: White Spot (picture)
I am not sure about it around your ears.. But as for white spots on your face.. Its not a dangerous medical problem they tend to be more of a nuisance... You may have a allergic reaction to cells that provide pigment in your skin ... It might be dryness of the skin .. Using a good moisturizer will help .. Sometimes doctors would say to use anti-inflammatory creams like hydrocorisone to treat it .. You can check with a dermatologist or another doctor to find out what they really are and get a good reatment
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its depigmented lesion. Apply topical antifungal and look for the response. If problem still persists then go for evaluation.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: skin, ear
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.