User Profile
Me and my boyfriend been trying to have a baby since kinda close to the begining of this year.. And I still never get pregnant and we do it constintly.. Can it be that I am very much skinny and I weigh 85 pounds.. Or can it be that he took extacy for more then a year.. And took steroids twice.. And it killed his sperm cells? But also I keep getting frequent yeast infections which I believe may be from his sperm could yeast infections be the problem.. ? Or maybe do I have to wait until im ovulating? But I never know when that is.. Any advice on any of this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2006
You should talk to your doctor.

What are your periods like? Unless you are under 5ft, 85 pounds is an extremly unhealthy weight.

Drugs may cause sterility in men. He should be checked as well. Though men are constantly producing sperm so it would not affect the sperm cells. But more the whole system which would cause the sterility. Which would be permenant.
|

User Profile
Well my periods are normal .. Each month on a regular basis .. 5 days .. Sometimes it may be very light for maybe 7 days but very rare happening.. But everytime I am done with my period a yeast infection appears.. It may just keep coming from him because I may have gave him it not knowing.. And wen I get rid of it he just gives it back to me...

The height.. Im over 5 ft i'm like 5'2 .. I was over 85 befor but I went through alot of stress so I lost weight
|

Have you ever done drugs? When did you drink last? Do you smoke?

Taking vitamins and getting into better physical condition may help you alot.
|

User Profile
I have done drugs befor yes, but twice, and it isn't going to happen again.. Besides drinking.. May have been months ago i'm clean I dont plan on doing nothing anymore.. And I do smoke cigerettes been trying to quit but it really doesnt work out ..

I have vitamins and weight gainer but its low fat and everyone told me it makes me loose weight so I stopped useing it because I did loose weight from that too.. I tried everything to try and gain weight it didnt work ..

I asked a gymnist and the most I can do is get muscle.. Start going to the gym and working out more and running will give me muscle and when I eat more it will gain on me .. I think
|

Smoking can cause you to become infertile... Quit now!

Seriously, if you really want to be healthy and bring a child into the world, dont smoke, smoking while your pregnant will cause all sorts of troubles down the road.

Im a professional athlete as well. I hav also taken human healthy courses and courses in sickness.

You really should start some kind of basic excersize and eat more meats and carbs. Take a good muti-vitamin like centrum.
|

User Profile
I really am gonna stop smokeing asap I tried and tried but im getting more seriously into it .. I will stop

about the weight gain I plan on going to the gym and excersizing .. I have this vitamin called .. Womens ultra mega .... Its a dietary supplement .. It says 500 mg calcium for bone health

80 mg b-vitamin complex

with lutein, lycopene and alpha-lipolic acid ... I got it from gnc they said it would help .. Do you think that is good?
|

Yes that is a good vitamin complex.

I would seriously try and quit smoking before you actually get pregnant though, and let your body cycle once or twice.

I know smoking isa really hard thing to quite, you really need strong willpower... Just think of all the things its doing to your body that are bad.

Think, every cigarette I smoke is bringing me that much closer to becoming permenantly infertile.... Wink and maybe that will help.
|

User Profile
Lol thanks that did just get to me.. And it's real hard to stop for the reason everybody I mean everybody around me smokes! .. It will one day happen

so i'm going to start takeing this vitamin .. Excersize .. And eat meat and carbs .. And luckily stop smoking and ill gain some weight Laughing im getting excited already lol .. Thanks for the advicee I really need to gain weight im starting to scare myself lol .. Its been bothering me for years it takes away my confidence
|

Well good luck! Hope it works for you. I do think you should talk to your doctor about actually getting pregnant though. They will be able to help you alot more then I am.

The meat and carbs should help with weight gain to be used for muscle. Alot of body builders eat only meat and carbs.... Lol.

Stopping smoking will help you gain weight too.
|

User Profile
Yeah definitly stop smoking I think its the whole reason for alot of things... Thank you for you concideration I hope this works too lol .. Im gonna start all this asap
|

Experienced User
In response to your last question: yes you do need to have sex around the time of ovulation in order to increase your chances of getting pregnant. To do this you can chart, or use ovulation predictor kits so that you can have an idea of when you are ovulating.
|

User Profile
Yeah I read up on that and it told me when you ovulate.. Half the time I cant do it on the day I ovulate because we both work constintly.. I plan on getting the kit so it can be more accurate on when exactly I would be ovulating
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I would honestly see a doctor and get as healthy as possible before trying to conceive a child. Your body needs to be in good condition in order to provide your baby with everything it needs to grow. You should really be, at minimum, at least 100 pounds at your height. I'm 5'6" and was 110 pounds when I got pregnant, and my doctor told me even that is bordering on underweight.

Your fertility will probably increase when you put on a bit of weight. And *definitely* quit smoking! That's not good for pregnancy. Good luck!
|

Especially eHealthy
Weight gain is seriously about calories in versus calories out. If you aren't eating well, you will lose weight. It is that simple.

The same as if someone is trying to lose weight, you should keep a food journal and write down everything you eat. You need 3500 calories to put on a pound. Not by eating junk though, that kind of weight you don't want. But you will need to work on eating more.

Low fat weight gainer will not make you lose weight - unless that is all you are eating and you use it as a meal replacement and not eating anything else. If you add that to an already healthy diet, you would gain weight due to the caloric load.

The smoking is bothersome since you are actively trying to become pregnant while smoking. Smoking is terrible for you - let alone a developing fetus. You should quit that first of all. This will also add weight, since your body's metabolism is sped up by the cigarettes.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....