User Profile
Hi girls mymidwife told me to do pelvic floor exercises and explaind to me it when u pull yourself tight down below and hold it also stop yourself peein in the middle of it and to do it realy often well ive been pullin myself tight and holdin it but I sooooo cant stop myself peein Sad I try n try but I just feels like I cant...
Has anyone ever had this after pregnncy..
And got any tips...

I had my little girl 3 n a half weeks ago and my midwife just told me to keep tryin I should beable to soon Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2006
Experienced User
They are also called kegle exercises and you are supposed to hold for five seconds... Release for five seconds.. Start off doing reps of 5 maybe 3 times a day.. But you should work up to doing 50-75 total a day. You tighten the muscles in your butt and the ones that stop you from peeing
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Hi there, they say it takes 6 weeks for your body to return to normal. Just keep perservering and it will be ok
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Normal!!
Don't freak out- you'e not going to end up wearing incontinance knickers!!!

It will probably take at least 6 weeks until you can tighten the muscles enough to stop the flow of urine- with my second baby, I could barely feel the muscles, let alone tighten them for a good few weeks !!

It's great that you're starting to do it early, you'll be fine.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Re: Normal!!
el wrote:
don't freak out- you'e not going to end up wearing incontinance knickers!!!

i actually did wear incontinence pads for 12 weeks after my first was born as I lost bladder sensation but thats a different story! Shocked
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I had the opposite problem. I lost the urge to urinate! In the hospital the nurses kept asking me if I needed to go and I said no, but when they pushed on my tummy my bladder was full. I had to do that for a week after I got home because I never once had that "need to pee" feeling! It took over a week after .Aly's birth to start feeling it again.

But thankfully I never tinkled myself. Rolling Eyes
|