Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Sharp Pains In My Head That Last Only For a Few Seconds

Okay, so every once in a while and very random I get these horrible sharp pains in my head and it hurts so bad in one particular spot which is also random that I black out for a few seconds and get dizzy and unfocused and then it goes away like nothing even happened, no pain nothing. So I went to the doctor when I had insurance and they found nothing. What scares me now, is I am getting them more often and I dont have health insurance and I saw this program on this lady of the tlc channel that had the exact same symptoms as I have and she died from a cerebral aneurism after getting upset about something and then going to lay down. I am so scared that this is going to happen to me. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2009
Exactly the Same!!
I get the exact same!
My doctor said 'its just migraines, can't help sorry.'
which made me worry alot more.
My eyes water and it really hurts, I thought it might of just been that my tear duct in my left eye couldnt produce tears, because it is as if my head is screaming and trying to 'push out' a tear. Very weird. :S
|

replied September 6th, 2009
sharp head pains
i've had the same thing for a couple of days...really sharp, really quick pains in the left back of my head.very painful...no other symptoms other than very itchy eyelids and I do get bad "normal" headdaches once a month or so
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2009
Hi, I get these pains too. Its so scary because searched on the internet but nobody knows what it is, but there are quite alot of people with it. Its so random. And happens everyday. I saw the same doctor 3 times and he sent me away everytime. I was the one surgesting things to him.
I had a nosebleed and my sister got worried so she sent me to another doctor. A lovely doctor. She took my blood pressure, sent me for blood tests and they came back fine.
I was born with a congenital quint and 2D vision and so she sent me to eye doctors, but its nothing to do with my squint. But i had these field tests and i get my results back on the 1st october.
Im so scared because its not normal. And I watch Greys Anatomy so I have all these ideas running around my head. But I do feel different, I Forget alot and I tend to be tired alot. Dnt no if that has something to do with it. I really wish I could help. Luckly I live in the UK so our medical stuff is free and so i will do every test if I have to and I will let everyone with this no if I find out.
So Scared!! Hope its something minor or nothing.

Charlotte. 17. UK.
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2009
I searched cerebral aneurysm and You get this from a congenital defects, High blood pressure, the buld up of fatty dipostits in the arteries and head trauma.
Now, I was born wit a congenital squint, which is my eyes, but im not sure if thats to do with it, My blood pressure is slightly high, even my mums is lower then mine, Im overweight, and when I was about 10-11 I was sitting in a tyre infront of a brick wall and lost balance and fell back and hit my head, i went dizzy and had to go to hospital and I had a headache and a lump, obviously, and had to have an injection of something. Hopefully I dont have a cerebral aneurysm but I am close to all those causes. How bloody sh** scary is that!
|

replied December 14th, 2011
ouch!
Im the same. Except I get mine on the right back side of my head. It hurts so bad and I stop everything I'm doing just because of the pain. This has only just recently started happening to me, but my symptoms are the same as the rest of you. Should I go to the doctor and get it checked out? Or do you think that it is a waste of time and they will probably just say that it is migraines?
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....