Just wanted to post an update on my situation. I joined the forum back in dec of 05 when my husband and I started ttc. I went to the doctor for cysts in april, normal for me, and found them not to be a problem with fertility. Since then, my husband had a sperm count done and was found to be low in every category. He was referred to a urologist and was found to have a vericocele. Vericose veins on his right testical, tmi I know. The vericocele acts like a radiator and lowers the sperm count and motility. Anyway, he had surgery a week later. He is two weeks post surgery now and doing great. We are told that after three monts from the surgery date we will have a 40% chance of getting pregnant naturally. I can't tell you how excited I am now that they found the problem and we are on our way. There is still a chance, 60% in fact, that we will still have to go through invetro but I will take a 40% chance of success anyday over not knowing what is wrong.

I wanted to post this to make the point that you never get anywhere with doctors unless you take charge of your own health. I had been hearing that no-one will help you until you have been trying a year. Not true. My doctor ordered tests for my husband after only five months. My husband has a child from his first marriage. The doctor said they do not go by previous children as reproductive health changes over time.

Be proactive! It is worth the research and time you put into it. If I hadn't went to my doctor early we still would not know what the problem was for another three months. Wish us luck! Best of luck to you all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for the update! My fingers are crossed and baby dust to you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Varicocele
Best of luck dear

wish all the best to both of you
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 9th, 2011
Verieocle
Can you please let me know how you get on as my husband just had this done too thank you and all the best of luck and baby dust to you sweetheart
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....