Hello
i'm a new member of this forum. I am becoming a little frusterated with tests and doctors and 2nd opinions, now I am just so confused.

I was diagnosed with ocular a-typical migraines when I was 16, I am now 33. I would have visual disturbances lasting 20 minutes, making it hard to see. There was never a headache afterwards, just exhaustion.

In the last 6 years, I have developed other symptoms after the "aura" such as trouble with language and speech, numbness in hands and mouth, extreme fatique lasting for sometimes days. Sometimes feeling of dual consiousness, vertigo, or other feelings of de ja vous. Although I am consious and can respond, I am extremely slow and disorented. A "stupper" is how I describe it.

I have been checked for m.S., tias, seizures, I have had m.R.I., catscans,e.E.G. All seemingly normal although the e.E.G. Was a sleep deprived e.E.G. And I couldn't fall asleep at the clinic and the e.E.G. Was inconclusive.

2 neurologists say complex, a-typical, or ocular migraines
1 neurologists says epilepsy

if anyone can lend any guesses I would appreciate it. Thank you I am becomming desperate. I typically have "episodes" 2-3 times a month, not believed to be hormonal, as I am a female. I limit any aspartame in diet. Thank you!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 30th, 2009
Seizures
my daughter has been experiencing seizures only once a month usually during her period. The last 2 months it was on the 26th. She has had an MRI, CT Scan, EEG, Blood Tests Etc. Everything comes out normal. These started around Christmas 07. she had 1 3 months in a row then nothing for 8 months. She has had one now 4 months in a row. I watched her have one for the first time Christmas 08. It lasted about 45 seconds to a minute then she was just really groggy and didn't remember anything that happened for about 1/2 hour. She was recently put on a low dose Lamictal but had a seizure anyway about 1 week after starting it. Now she can't take it at all because she broke out in a rash. I'm looking for a doctor who is actually willing to look into this having to do with her period and possibly having a complete hysterectomy.

I've read about alot of women having the same problem when I googled seizures and menstral cycle. One woman said she finally went through menopause and they stopped. Any information you can give me would be helpful
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....