Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Who Do I See About Herniated Disk?

I'm a 53 year old guy with a herniated disk. The mri says " at the level of l5-s1 there is left paracentral and posterolateral disc herniation indenting the thecal sac. It is causing displacement of the left l-5 nerve roots."

result? Pain in the lower back to the right buttocks, and when I drive or sit for a period of time the pain skips down the right side of my leg, and eventually goes across the top of my right foot. It is causing a limp, and making me cranky 24/7, and stops me from driving much.

The chiropractor says keep giving him $50 twice a week and i'll be fine. The spine doctor who owns a water gym says if I give him $100 a month his water therapy will fix me right up. The surgeon says let me cut you open boy, i'll fix everything. The medical doctor says take these pain pills the rest of your life. Who the heck do I believe? I live in south florida, land of quacks and crooks and some unlicensed doctors, so that doesn't help either.

Any suggestions as to which doctor or plan I should take? I need to do something as this constant pain has to stop.

(see how cranky I am?)

thanks much.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Hi Humeston
Hi humeston ~ :d

please check your pm (private messages) Wink

imshirl :d
Did you find this post helpful?