Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Unexplained Urethral Inflammation

Hello!

I am in a quandry at the moment; I have recently developed some pain whilst urinating, and an inflamed meatus (urethral opening on the penis) which is causing pain and sensitivity. My doctor initially has diagnosed me with a uti, and has put me on cephalexin (keflex), but I don't think he realised I actually had an inflamed urethra at that time. I'm fearing that the drugs aren't working, so I have been researching a little before I go see him next.

He has tested me also for stds such as chlamydia and gonnorhea (don't know the results), but I am sure I have not recieved these, as I have only been with one partner for 6 years, and we practice safe sex and monogamy (yes, very strange for a 23 yr old!!).

Most of the websites regarding this problem talk about stds/stis as the cause... But is there anything else that could cause such a problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....